Timberjack Thread - Page 19- Mtbr.com
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
Results 1,801 to 1,867 of 1867
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I was selling my mediumjust like yours with upgraded parts but decided I better keep it and glad I did. Rode it for the 3rd time yesterday and fell in love with it this time. I donít need a second bike but rather than take a huge loss just used it I thought.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Lefty View Post
    I really want a better fork but I can't justify one that costs as much as the bike did. I mean, I can't justify it to my wife
    It is hard with the cost relative to the bike, and my fork is pretty new, that makes it harder to justify.

There was a sale, I think 15%, last fall on jenson or something, that I would have used on a Bomber Z1. I should have just gotten it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tweeder82o View Post
    It is hard with the cost relative to the bike, and my fork is pretty new, that makes it harder to justify.

There was a sale, I think 15%, last fall on jenson or something, that I would have used on a Bomber Z1. I should have just gotten it.
    For sure! I waited for a take-off 34 to show up on Pink bike. Paid $450 which is still a lot... but better than $800.

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by fitnating View Post
    Anyone selling a Medium TJ either full build or just frame? Like mine so much, want to buy one for my wife.

On a side note, I also recently added a Fox 34... replaced my Judy Gold on the SLX build. It's been a game changer!
    Attachment 1250385
    I am probably putting my 2018 Salsa GX 11-speed up for sale. Bike only has about 50 miles on it, mostly tow path. Size is Medium.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    @ski1970 - glad to hear your keeping it. No reason to take that kind of loss on it before really testing it out. Get off the pavement, you'll see why this forum is 19 pages long (and counting)
    2013 Salsa Vaya 3
    2017 Salsa Timberjack

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ibike73 View Post
    I am probably putting my 2018 Salsa GX 11-speed up for sale. Bike only has about 50 miles on it, mostly tow path. Size is Medium.
    Feel free to send me a message when you list, I am interested.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Whats the frame weight on these?

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 92SE-R View Post
    Whats the frame weight on these?
    If you go back to post #1719 I put pictures w/ weights for a XS frame. 1825g without axle or plates. 2037g with axle and boost reduction plates. Seatpost clamp, no headset, no BB.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Because the money was burning a hole in my pocket and I like to eat Ramen for dinner for months, I replaced the Recon with a Fox Factory 34. Seems like it has a bit smoother action and rides a bit higher in its travel than the Recon. Not quite a Pike, but it was $100 cheaper. I also put the stock 60mm stem back on and replaced the rear Minion DHR with a Rekon. This is NOT a fast climbing/pedaling bike, but man it is fun going downhill. Ended up selling my spare 29'er wheelset I was going to use on it as it shines with the 27.5+ wheels.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Timberjack Thread-salsatj.jpg  

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    duplicate post - whoops

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RollingBuffalo View Post
    I'm considering a salsa timberjack, but I think I'd like both sets of rims...27.5 & 29....any idea how much extra I'll probably be spending for an extra set of wheels ?
    Check out the Ibis 938's. I found a set for $400 shipped. Great wheelset for the price.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fitnating View Post
    Anyone selling a Medium TJ either full build or just frame? Like mine so much, want to buy one for my wife.

On a side note, I also recently added a Fox 34... replaced my Judy Gold on the SLX build. It's been a game changer!
    Attachment 1250385
    What frame bag is that? Good looking setup

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Medium Alloy Frame
    Fox 34 @140
    Fox Transfer 125
    WTB Trail Boss 29x2.6
    Easton Heist 30
    Shimano XT group w/ SRAM XD cassette

Just built this up to replace the gravel bike that I never quite fell for. Every time I took the gravel bike out I'd end up on singletrack and wish I was on a MTB. So far I'm loving this bike. It's been probably 15 years since I've had a hardtail that wasn't a DJ rig, and I had forgotten how much fun they can be as trail bikes. I've got an Evil Offering that's my enduro/bike park rig, the TJ will cover just about everything else. I'll eventually put a 150 dropper on, but for now I'm pretty friggin' satisfied.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Timberjack Thread-psx_20190512_154122.jpg  

Timberjack Thread-psx_20190512_154451.jpg  

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by brinz View Post
    Medium Alloy Frame
    Fox 34 @140
    Fox Transfer 125
    WTB Trail Boss 29x2.6
    Easton Heist 30

Just built this up to replace the gravel bike that I never quite fell for. Every time I took the gravel bike out I'd end up on singletrack and wish I was on a MTB. So far I'm loving this bike. It's been probably 15 years since I've had a hardtail that wasn't a DJ rig, and I had forgotten how much fun they can be as trail bikes. I've got an Evil Offering that's my enduro/bike park rig, the TJ will cover just about everything else. I'll eventually put a 150 dropper on, but for now I'm pretty friggin' satisfied.
    Nice looking TJ. While the frame is ridiculously cheap, does 140mm up front negate the warranty?

mtbr member
    Medium Alloy Frame
    Fox 34 @140
    Fox Transfer 125
    WTB Trail Boss 29x2.6
    Easton Heist 30

very nice, I like the blacked out look. do you plan on blacking out the fork to match?

Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig View Post
    Nice looking TJ. While the frame is ridiculously cheap, does 140mm up front negate the warranty?
    yes this, the website says 130mm or 541mm axle-to-crown; I've been wondering if the positives of getting 140mm outweighs the negative of going 10mm over what salsa says.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I've over forked pretty much every bike I've owned. I have never broken a frame and consequently never worked through the warranty process with a manufacturer. I'm sure they could deny a warranty claim if they wanted to.

In my opinion, adding 10mm of travel and axle-to-crown length over the recommendation increases your chance of breaking a frame by about .001%. I think their recommendations are more geometry related than anything. I'm running a 551mm a2c, 140mm Pike on my Timberjack. I might eventually drop it to 130mm to see if I prefer that geometry. So far the 140mm feels pretty good. My other bike is an Ibis HD4 so I'm used to a pretty slack front end.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I just took the fox 34 Elite 140 off my Timberjack and put it on my wifeís timberjack. I then installed a brand new Pike 140 RCT3 debonair on my Timberjack. It is a 551 A/C. The fox was a 547 A/C. No issues at all.

mtbr member
    Sale May 17-July 7 on Timberjacks and Journeymen. (Journeymans?)

Both wheel sizes.

Ė Deore Ė was $1,249 now $1,099
    Ė SLX Ė was $1,599 now $1,399

https://salsacycles.com/culture/timb...new_adventures

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    I've decided on a fork 2020 Fox 34sc 120mm for my TJ. Thanks for the info

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    very nice, I like the blacked out look. do you plan on blacking out the fork to match?

yes this, the website says 130mm or 541mm axle-to-crown; I've been wondering if the positives of getting 140mm outweighs the negative of going 10mm over what salsa says.
    I do believe 140 does void the warranty, but I'm not really concerned about it bc I'm extremely happy with how it rides. I'm sure it climbs better at 130 or 120, but for my riding style I like the more aggressive, slacker geo, and other than a little bit of front end wandering on the steep-steep it's plenty nimble for me on the trail. If this bike was JUST for gravel/bikepacking or really flat trails, the 140 wouldn't make sense.

Although I don't doubt it would look great, I probably won't change the stickers on the lowers, too matchy-matchy for my taste... Maybe though, now I'm thinking about it. HA

Any body else impressed with how well this bike corners?

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    I do believe 140 does void the warranty, but I'm not really concerned about it bc I'm extremely happy with how it rides. I'm sure it climbs better at 130 or 120, but for my riding style I like the more aggressive, slacker geo, and other than a little bit of front end wandering on the steep-steep it's plenty nimble for me on the trail. If this bike was JUST for gravel/bikepacking or really flat trails, the 140 wouldn't make sense.

Although I don't doubt it would look great, I probably won't change the stickers on the lowers, too matchy-matchy for my taste... Maybe though, now I'm thinking about it. HA

Mine corners great, even with alternators pushed all the way out. Took me a little bit to figure out how to get it to corner great though. Seems like for me, my TJ corners best with my weight a little farther back on the bike than I would've originally thought. Once I found the sweet spot though, it carves the corners up really well.

mtbr member
    The black tj frame is simply breathtaking
    My name is George. Iím unemployed and I live with my parents.
    2017 BMC Speedfox 25-622 ISO
    2017 Salsa Timberjack 40-584 ISO

mtbr member
    If this bike was JUST for gravel/bikepacking or really flat trails, the 140 wouldn't make sense.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by MX9799 View Post
    Mine corners great, even with alternators pushed all the way out. Took me a little bit to figure out how to get it to corner great though. Seems like for me, my TJ corners best with my weight a little farther back on the bike than I would've originally thought. Once I found the sweet spot though, it carves the corners up really well.
    MX9799 would you be able to describe how much better your new maxxis tires cornered than the stock tires (mine came with wtb rangers, the ones that even wtb was like those arent as good as the rangers we sell after-market)

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig View Post
    Because the money was burning a hole in my pocket and I like to eat Ramen for dinner for months, I replaced the Recon with a Fox Factory 34. Seems like it has a bit smoother action and rides a bit higher in its travel than the Recon. Not quite a Pike, but it was $100 cheaper. I also put the stock 60mm stem back on and replaced the rear Minion DHR with a Rekon. This is NOT a fast climbing/pedaling bike, but man it is fun going downhill. Ended up selling my spare 29'er wheelset I was going to use on it as it shines with the 27.5+ wheels.
    What did you do with the stock RECON fork? PM me if you would like.
    2018 Specialized Pitch Expert

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Good point.

MX9799 would you be able to describe how much better your new maxxis tires cornered than the stock tires (mine came with wtb rangers, the ones that even wtb was like those arent as good as the rangers we sell after-market)
    tweeder, it's no comparison between the maxxis tires and the stock WTB rangers. I rode on the stock rangers for a bit. Even tried them set up tubeless to make them ride a little better, but the maxxis 120 tpi tires are just way better than the stock rangers. At higher speeds, the maxxis tires hold a line better in corners and feel much less flexy. The rear just stays put in the corners, and the front just goes where you look without much thought. Of course, there is a limit to how far in you can lean it, but I've only washed the front once and that was on a pump track where I came into a corner WAY too hot but still tried to make it anyways. At lower, pedaling speeds, I'm not sure there is a ton of difference in the way they corner. But as the trail speeds come up, the maxxis tires just grip and go where you want them to, even on the off-cambers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MX9799 View Post
    tweeder, it's no comparison between the maxxis tires and the stock WTB rangers. I rode on the stock rangers for a bit. Even tried them set up tubeless to make them ride a little better, but the maxxis 120 tpi tires are just way better than the stock rangers. At higher speeds, the maxxis tires hold a line better in corners and feel much less flexy. The rear just stays put in the corners, and the front just goes where you look without much thought. Of course, there is a limit to how far in you can lean it, but I've only washed the front once and that was on a pump track where I came into a corner WAY too hot but still tried to make it anyways. At lower, pedaling speeds, I'm not sure there is a ton of difference in the way they corner. But as the trail speeds come up, the maxxis tires just grip and go where you want them to, even on the off-cambers.
    nice, so basically no sense in "saving" the stock WTBs because they're still "new". if I want a better ride, I need to get some tires!

did you go 120 tpi front and rear? did you consider 60 tpi?

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    nice, so basically no sense in "saving" the stock WTBs because they're still "new". if I want a better ride, I need to get some tires!

did you go 120 tpi front and rear? did you consider 60 tpi?
    Yeah, mine are the 120 tpi tires. I didn't consider the 60 tpi. My local bike shop had the two tires I bought in the discount bin, so the 120 tpi tires were really my only option unless I wanted to pay full retail for the 60 tpi tires.

I saved my original WTB rangers for emergency use only. I doubt I'll ever use them again though, unless I need something in a pinch, and even then they'll get a tube and be off the bike as soon as I'm able to get another good tire.

Not trashing the stock WTB's though. I will say the rangers seemed fine until I tried the maxxis tires. Had the maxxis tires not gone in the discount bin, or somebody else would've bought them before me, I'd probably still be running the WTB's that came on the bike and I'd still be none the wiser to how much better a good set of tires are.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Saw this Timberjack and wanted to know what everyone's thoughts were.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Paul

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchman83 View Post
    Saw this Timberjack and wanted to know what everyone's thoughts were.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    If it fits, buy it. You can add gears if you want them, although you need a different hub and may want different drop outs for TA. But these frames go for $450 plus tax, so for under $300 you're getting a lot of stuff!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tfinator View Post
    If it fits, buy it. You can add gears if you want them, although you need a different hub and may want different drop outs for TA. But these frames go for $450 plus tax, so for under $300 you're getting a lot of stuff!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    yea, but without knowing your situation: why you want a bike, what is your budget, it's hard to make a hard suggestion.

but assuming that you want a bike for fun and that $750 is a budget for fun and not a life's savings for a commuter; I'd say get it, ride it, swap out parts if you wish, and have fun.

and stick around the forum and post updates.

sidenote: I also have a moto G5plus. but I posted this using my PC

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    This would definitely be a second/fun/commuter/urban/single track/gravel rec bike. $750 is in a budget and I am seeing this as a great way to get a bike to tinker with and have fun. I will also find out real quick if I like single speed and carbon forks.
    Paul

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchman83 View Post
    This would definitely be a second/fun/commuter/urban/single track/gravel rec bike. $750 is in a budget and I am seeing this as a great way to get a bike to tinker with and have fun. I will also find out real quick if I like single speed and carbon forks.
    then
    Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 338
Size:  692.7 KB

mtbr member
    Jun 2018

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I'm looking at getting either a TJ frame or SC Chameleon in size L to build from frame up as a 29er. I'm 5"10" with short legs (30" inseam) and typically ride size large frames with short stems, though I'm usually right on the cusp of M/L for most bikes.

Standover height is usually fairly low priority when comparing geos, but between the TJ and the Chameleon, that's the one spec that's significantly different and it seems pretty high for the TJ at 799.

Anyone on here similarly sized who rides a size large TJ? Any issues?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Medium for sure. I am 5Ē9í with a 30 inseam and the medium is good. And I could push my saddle back some still and I have a 32mm stem on top of that.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Hmm. How do you feel about the reach? Does it seem cramped? The reach on the medium is a good amount shorter than what I was looking for. I probably need to check one out in person to get a better idea of sizing.

Quote Originally Posted by ski1970 View Post
    Medium for sure. I am 5Ē9í with a 30 inseam and the medium is good. And I could push my saddle back some still and I have a 32mm stem on top of that.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Yeah the reach isn't the problem it's the seat tube height. They should lower each size by an inch or two

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I think it is fine. It is bigger than my Intense ACV medium. I find it roomy still

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I run a 125 dropper with about a inch I think out of the seat tube.

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    I am 5' 10" with a 30" inseam also, and running a meduim. I have a 90mm stem because I have extremely long arms for my height, many people have made fun of me for it. Bike shop guy laughs when he puts me on the trainer for a fit up. With the meduim I have about 2" of standover, possibly less.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    I'm 6'2" running a 35mm stem 150 dropper slammed. On a XL

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    35 inch inseam

mtbr member
    how do you like the 32mm stem? have you tried shorter or longer? do you wish it's longer or shorter?

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrowdyc View Post
    I'm 6'2" running a 35mm stem 150 dropper slammed. On a XL
    Same here, with my seat slammed forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    I'll probably put a 31mm and it will be good

MTBNJP
    May 2019

Noob question - Timberjack Deore vs SLX

First post from noob lurker that has been reading all of your posts about this great looking bike - aplologies in advance if this is the wrong forum for this kind of question.
    Iíve been researching Salsa Timberjack for several months. Rented what I think was a medium Deore from Santos bike shop in Ocala. Rode Santos trails for about 4 hours and enjoyed the bike.
    I havenít ridden the SLX build. GX Eagle is too spendy for me. Iíve printed off build specs but have no practical comparison. Can you guys give me a recommendation? What are the actual advantages between Deore vs SLX? Will I notice a difference in ride, longevity of components, etc?
    Thanks for any experience you can share.

mtbr member
    The main difference you will feel between the Deore and SLX is crispness of shifting. The deore components will last you years if you properly maintain them. On the bright side drivetrain components will eventually wear out and you can upgrade as necessary.
    "Wherever you go, there you are."

2015 Trek Crossrip Elite
    2017 Salsa Timberjack
    2018 Salsa Redpoint

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbnjp View Post
    First post from noob lurker that has been reading all of your posts about this great looking bike - aplologies in advance if this is the wrong forum for this kind of question.
    Iíve been researching Salsa Timberjack for several months. Rented what I think was a medium Deore from Santos bike shop in Ocala. Rode Santos trails for about 4 hours and enjoyed the bike.
    I havenít ridden the SLX build. GX Eagle is too spendy for me. Iíve printed off build specs but have no practical comparison. Can you guys give me a recommendation? What are the actual advantages between Deore vs SLX? Will I notice a difference in ride, longevity of components, etc?
    The drivetrains are similar but the deore is 10 speed and the slx is 11 speed. The slx has slightly more gear range. I would say you probably wont get more longevity out of the more expensive drivetrain, just more range.

The forks are different brands. Suntour makes decent forks but i am not really familiar with them.
    My name is George. Iím unemployed and I live with my parents.
    2017 BMC Speedfox 25-622 ISO
    2017 Salsa Timberjack 40-584 ISO

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    These are going up for sale. Pink one is a 2019 and has NEVER been ridden and the green one has been ridden 3 time BUT the Rockshox pike RCT3 DebonAir and SRAM Eagle GX group is is brand new never ridden. I will be asking $1400 each. Timberjack Thread-39c3ac07-f7c6-4dec-8838-8a5d30580d00.jpgTimberjack Thread-b5b772c8-a035-4b7e-b770-35618e388fa1.jpgTimberjack Thread-24759e73-128e-462f-a2af-16d7b11e3cf2.jpgTimberjack Thread-57507fcb-ee6f-4f23-9a87-675874cfe779.jpg

mtbr member
    What sizes?

2015 Trek Crossrip Elite
    2017 Salsa Timberjack
    2018 Salsa Redpoint

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Pink is a large green is a Medium

mtbr member
    The fork is better on the SLX, that's probably most important.

The SLX has a thru-axle rear hub where the Deore has a quick release rear hub. TA should be stronger and is more of a standard now, but I chose a QR bike partly because it would let me mount a kid trailer hitch no problem. It should also be able to mount a disk-style rear rack and kid seat if the rack's QR skewer is long enough. One of the clever things about the Timberjack frame is that it can be converted from one axle style to another with option parts from Salsa.

It also has brakes that are one step better, like the drivetrain, but you probably won't be able to tell.

The big difference between the SLX and Deore systems is that the SLX has one more shift and a lower bottom gear.

The bikes have the same cockpit components, rims, and tires.

mtbr member
    The fork is better on the SLX, that's probably most important.

The SLX has a thru-axle rear hub where the Deore has a quick release rear hub. TA should be stronger and is more of a standard now, but I chose a QR bike partly because it would let me mount a kid trailer hitch no problem. It should also be able to mount a disk-style rear rack and kid seat if the rack's QR skewer is long enough. One of the clever things about the Timberjack frame is that it can be converted from one axle style to another with option parts from Salsa.

It also has brakes that are one step better, like the drivetrain, but you probably won't be able to tell.

The big difference between the SLX and Deore systems is that the SLX has one more shift and a lower bottom gear.

The bikes have the same cockpit components, rims, and tires.
    Well spoken. I turned mine into a rear Thru Axle for more stability and the ability to swap wheels around. I could see how the skewer would come in handy for trailer duty but fortunately my Trek utility bike covers me on that.

Skin

2015 Trek Crossrip Elite
    2017 Salsa Timberjack
    2018 Salsa Redpoint

mtbr member
    because it would let me mount a kid trailer hitch no problem.
    https://youtu.be/jj0CmnxuTaQ

mtbr member
    Ha! I just watched it about an hour ago...such a well done video. I really dig all of his videos.

2015 Trek Crossrip Elite
    2017 Salsa Timberjack
    2018 Salsa Redpoint

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelMTB View Post
    Sold it on eBay.

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelMTB View Post
    I have the stock Judy gold I removed off mine if your in search of a fork!?!? Fork has about 10 rides, maybe 100miles. Looks brand new!! Will DM pics.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinM4n View Post
    Ha! I just watched it about an hour ago...such a well done video. I really dig all of his videos.
    can't stop watching it really...

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Well the 2018 Salsa GX1 medium is going up for sale. I have pics of it, but do not know how to post them from my phone. Bike only has 50 miles on it. Had one scratch on the left crank arm. I will try to add pictures later.

Going to asking $900 plus shipping charges.

PM me for more info.

MTBNJP
    May 2019
    Ibike73, Iím interested. PM Sent.
    Hoping to join Timberjack riders as others have provided good feedback to my questions.

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Bike is no longer for sale. At present keeping bike.

I am sorry to the people that have contacted me about the bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Timberjack Thread-de3a8f95-6585-4546-bb67-a72aefe56e8d.jpeg  

Timberjack Thread-e47f1d34-f5f4-4667-85b5-2f8570ee1bf2.jpeg  

Timberjack Thread-41f286f6-c87d-4c49-bdeb-624270942130.jpeg  

Timberjack Thread-24a6face-3299-485b-9b07-baa7090e5255.jpeg  

Timberjack Thread-b9ffd87b-3707-40a4-a8d1-c3ffe050dbea.jpeg  

Last edited by ibike73; 18 Hours Ago at 03:50 AM.

mtbr member
    Well the 2018 Salsa GX1 medium is going up for sale. I have pics of it, but do not know how to post them from my phone. Bike only has 50 miles on it. Had one scratch on the left crank arm. I will try to add pictures later.

Going to asking $900 plus shipping charges.

PM me for more info.
    sad to see you go,

Ibike73, Iím interested. PM Sent.
    Hoping to join Timberjack riders as others have provided good feedback to my questions.
    welcome!

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    It is sad to have to get rid of this one. But kids and I are going to be venturing into pump track/bmx. And my oldest one will be racing mtn bikes next year, had to free up some cash for upgrades to their bikes. I still have my other mtn bikes to keep me on the trails, but had to free up some cash and space.

mtbr member
    May 2019
    These are going up for sale. Pink one is a 2019 and has NEVER been ridden and the green one has been ridden 3 time BUT the Rockshox pike RCT3 DebonAir and SRAM Eagle GX group is is brand new never ridden. I will be asking $1400 each. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	39C3AC07-F7C6-4DEC-8838-8A5D30580D00.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	250.6 KB 
ID:	1252196Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B5B772C8-A035-4B7E-B770-35618E388FA1.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	296.6 KB 
ID:	1252197Click image for larger version. 

Name:	24759E73-128E-462F-A2AF-16D7B11E3CF2.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	259.8 KB 
ID:	1252198Click image for larger version. 

Name:	57507FCB-EE6F-4F23-9A87-675874CFE779.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	213.5 KB 
ID:	1252199
    Dang I missed it. I'd love a 2018 SLX, I love their lime for some reason .

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Well I found out today why the wife really did not want me to sell the Timberjack. The kids bought daddy a Niner RDO boost fork for the bike for Father's day. So looks like I will be ordering the Surly spacer kit and a Chris King cog for it.

mtbr member
    Well I found out today why the wife really did not want me to sell the Timberjack. The kids bought daddy a Niner RDO boost fork for the bike for Father's day. So looks like I will be ordering the Surly spacer kit and a Chris King cog for it.
    Timberjack Thread-wsw264a4aaoy.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2017

Hello

I have ridden those trails a lot, also have had my timberjack worked on in that shop and demoed Santa Cruzís there. SLX is a great drivetrain but the most important thing if you want a stronger bike for rough riding is the fork and thru axle. I started with the cheapest build and now have an expensive fork and wheels due to wearing out parts. This bike is so versatile you can change as you go the way I did but ultimately if you are committed you will want the more robust setup. That mean a bit more money.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819