Timberjack Thread - Page 17- Mtbr.com
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
Results 3,201 to 3,212 of 3212
    ilmfat
    Mar 2007
    If you have another youngin gonna be in need of a small eventually, you may as well go for one of these, especially if you have a 135 QR wheel lying around.

https://www.wiggle.com/brand-x-ht-01...ain-bike-frame

Fits a 2.5 Ehline on Arch Mk3. Will not fit a 29x2.2 Ikon. But I have one built up with a 700x43c gravel Fling in the rear. Room for the 50c I have planned.
    crap! i gotta learn to climb. - 2011

Climbing ain't so bad. - 2019

ilmfat
    Mar 2007
    Even with the rear wheel, it's still a hundo cheaper than a TJ (and for good reason. The Timberjack versatility is why I like em. Alas, none in stock, so we source what we can). Our second Brand X frame will be here next week. It's gonna get this rear wheel with a Krampus fork and the stock i29 from the front of a Deore 29 TJ.

https://www.universalcycles.com/shop....php?id=102755
    crap! i gotta learn to climb. - 2011

Climbing ain't so bad. - 2019

mtbr member
    Oct 2020
    can anyone confirm the DHR II 29x3.0 fits the rear on the timberjack? I know they measure closer to 2.8 so I'm assuming it should work

mtbr member
    Nov 2020

Need fork reccomendations

I purchased a 2019 Timberjack NX Eagle back in April from my LBS and took a crash into a tree and apparently bent the steering tube on my fork. Tried to drop the handlebars below where the bend was but was unsuccessful.

Any fork recommendations out there that work with 27.5+ but leave the option open to switch to 29s later? Seems like the general consensus is the Fox 34 but have also seen lots of Z2 Bombers mentioned.

mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpeezy View Post
    I purchased a 2019 Timberjack NX Eagle back in April from my LBS and took a crash into a tree and apparently bent the steering tube on my fork. Tried to drop the handlebars below where the bend was but was unsuccessful.

Any fork recommendations out there that work with 27.5+ but leave the option open to switch to 29s later? Seems like the general consensus is the Fox 34 but have also seen lots of Z2 Bombers mentioned.
    Rockshox Pike.

The Fox 34 leaves A LOT to be desired, IMO.

The Pike Select is a lot of fork for the $$ and can easily be upgraded down the line to the top of the line damper if you decided to go that route. But that might be overkill unless you like to tinker and adjust your fork a lot. The standard Charger damper is good if you're a "set it and forget it" kind of rider.

If you want the best and want it now, the Pike Ultimate is your ticket.

mtbr member

you might be able to buy the new parts to get your fork back to normal. Could you post a picture of what bent? I am curious

For new forks... i don't know of any 27.5+ fork that does not also work as a 29" fork. I'd recommend the Pike, fox 34, fox 36 or Marzocchi z1 but my personal preference is fox.
    My name is George. Iím unemployed and I live with my parents.
    2017 BMC Speedfox 25-622 ISO
    2017 Salsa Timberjack 40-584 ISO

jcd's best friend
    29er Pike Ultimate or any Pike model!
    Nukeproof Scout 275 | Salsa Timberjack | Salsa Cutthroat

mtbr member
    Just don't ask in the Shocks & Suspension forum, they will tell you all about how the two most popular brands are all wrong and you have to get custom tuning and a bunch of accessories or a Manitou

29ers Forever

Even though my bike is waiting in the shop for warranty parts, I still believe that the Z2 I bought for my Tjack really made it come alive. Anything is better than the stock fork, but it all comes down to your budget.
    My budget was around $500, so I didn't want to buy a 34, but if you want to spend $700-$900, a 34 or Pike would be your best options.
    Dropping into a trail

2019 Rocky Mountain Instinct A50 BC
    2019 Salsa Timberjack SLX
    2014 Trek Crossrip Elite

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Lefty View Post
    Just don't ask in the Shocks & Suspension forum, they will tell you all about how the two most popular brands are all wrong and you have to get custom tuning and a bunch of accessories or a Manitou
    lol you will need to send it off to new zealand for custom work
    My name is George. Iím unemployed and I live with my parents.
    2017 BMC Speedfox 25-622 ISO
    2017 Salsa Timberjack 40-584 ISO

mtbr member
    The really fundamental dividing line between the grades of forks is that the inexpensive ones shove oil through a hole. That's Turn Key. Some of them open more or fewer holes or make the hole bigger with adjustment dials. That's Motion Control. The response is linear - force makes pressure makes flow allows movement, all proportional.

The expensive ones have shims by the hole that deflect to allow more oil to pass at higher speeds, making it possible to turn big hits very soft. After that it's all debates about the "correct" tuning of that response, and extra adjustments and convenience features.

Some versions of MC in the past used shims or allowed tuning of the lockout blowoff feature to tune the high speed response. But they're gone now.

mtbr member
    Oct 2020
    well due to frame availability I'm going to have to go with the Chameleon now. Don't want to swing a space metal build on a frame i've never ridden and cant wait till 2022. LBS found me the last XL chameleon frame in fog so well see how that goes. At least I can try before I buy this way.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617