Timberjack ordered- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2007

Smile Timberjack ordered

Just coming back to biking after around 13 year layoff......Never more than advanced beginner at any point. Ordered a Timberjack 27.5+ this morning......Stayed with the Deore level....most sizes in SLX level sold out (next shipments in August), and the upper level out of my budget....I figure if I progress enough that I need more/better then that gives me a good excuse to upgrade/trade up.....

We are close to the warehouse, hope to have it early next week.

Lon

mtbr member
    Congrats man...I just ordered an SLX yesterday...should be picking up tomorrow or wed...yes, they are selling out fast
    ​SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL BIKE SHOP

Vagabond
    Just got mine yesterday... Just the basic Deore 27.5" 2019 model, on sale from REI. Loving it so far!!! The bike, with its 27.5x2.8" tires, rolls the same way as my Salsa Fargo with 29x2.1"... More comfy though... A few pounds heavier but nothing to worry about. Deore setup is rock solid, shifting is crisp, I'm running out of gears when going fast but, again, I'm in no hurry... Did upgrade grips to Ergon and need to switch to my usual SPD XT pedals... Can be an excellent bikepacking setup!!!

Hey, even my Revelate Design frame bag from Salsa Fargo fits, almost. My Fargo is Medium frame, Timberjack is Large. Just had to push it in at the front end...

Timberjack ordered-img_4942.jpg
    Dream It! Plan It! Do It!
    Vagabonding...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich007 View Post
    Just got mine yesterday... Just the basic Deore 27.5" 2019 model, on sale from REI. Loving it so far!!! The bike, with its 27.5x2.8" tires, rolls the same way as my Salsa Fargo with 29x2.1"... More comfy though... A few pounds heavier but nothing to worry about. Deore setup is rock solid, shifting is crisp, I'm running out of gears when going fast but, again, I'm in no hurry... Did upgrade grips to Ergon and need to switch to my usual SPD XT pedals... Can be an excellent bikepacking setup!!!

Hey, even my Revelate Design frame bag from Salsa Fargo fits, almost. My Fargo is Medium frame, Timberjack is Large. Just had to push it in at the front end...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4942.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	496.3 KB 
ID:	1262251
    Sweet....mine is at the shop ready for pickup. I needed to put a hitch on my car (sold the old one with hitch), and ran into a problem at uhaul Tuesday and couldn't get it done then. Am going up today (yes, on Independence day) to get it done and will pick the bike up tomorrow.....

Lon