Ti Regulator Seatpost- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2014

Ti Regulator Seatpost

Today, while riding along the right seat clamp bolt and clamp fell off. I heard the parts fall onto the asphalt but was only able to find the larger clamp part. I spent 30 min searching for the bolt but was unable to locate it. Does anyone know where I get another? As the title of post states it is to a titanium regulator seatpost..

Who manufactures these seatpost for Salsa?

thx

Harmonius Wrench
    Did you try Salsa Cycles? At the least they could tell you what the spec is for that bolt. Then......

If it is just the bolt you are after, take out the other side and go to a fastener retailer/hardware store and match it up.
    Riden' an Smilin'
    Guitar Ted

Blog
    RidingGravel.com

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Thank you GT!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    they were available before the grand departure for the tour divide this year. a guy by the name of Fuller had to replace one on the Regulator as well.

It's carbon dontcha know.
    Are these seatposts prone to having the bolt fall out?

Pondering putting one on a new build or going with another Eriksen sweetpost, mine has been flawless for 5 years.

edit: although research suggests the salsa weighs 100g more than the sweetpost...
    Rolling on 29", 650b, 8.3" and 23mm

Harmonius Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thElement View Post

Pondering putting one on a new build or going with another Eriksen sweetpost, mine has been flawless for 5 years.

edit: although research suggests the salsa weighs 100g more than the sweetpost...
    I've never had mine back out. Cannot speak for others here.

While the Salsa post is heavier, I have been rather pleased with the ride feel and mine has been rock solid reliable since I installed it. That said, I don't think this post was designed with light weight in mind. If lighter is what you are after, this isn't the right seat post for you.
    Riden' an Smilin'
    Guitar Ted

Blog
    RidingGravel.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    To date I have never lost any side bolts, but the threads do seem really short. My biggest issue is having the post slip during seated climbing with the saddle ending up nose high.I recently disassembled the post and roughed up the finish of the two conical inserts and likewise the inside surface of the post clamp. The conical inserts have a slick black finish and I am hoping that roughing it up will give it better purchase. I have had similar issues with older moots posts which have that similar round clamp design. You are right GT, like the ti fargo frame, the regulator post is no lightweight but definitely comfortable.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by N10S View Post
    My biggest issue is having the post slip during seated climbing with the saddle ending up nose high.I recently disassembled the post and roughed up the finish of the two conical inserts and likewise the inside surface of the post clamp. The conical inserts have a slick black finish and I am hoping that roughing it up will give it better purchase.
    I'm having the same problem with my Regulator. I've lubricated and torqued the 5mm fastener to 15nm and have not re-tested yet. On the first ride, torqued to 10nm spec, it took about 1 climb for the nose to start coming up - and then a couple of butt thuds descending for the nose to be ridiculously high. If this doesn't work, I'll be curious to hear your experience. Carbon assembly paste?!??

Positively negative
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thElement View Post

I bought a Regulator because I was too cheap to shell out for a Sweetspot. I tried it on 3 frames and with 5 different clamps and could do nothing to keep it from twisting in the frame. Salsa was cool and sent out a new one for me to try but I had the same results, and they left me stuck with that one. After selling it for a loss I was wooed by the customer service Eriksen showed me so I shelled out for a Sweetspot. I can honestly say that it may be the best money I have ever spent on a bike part.

Ambassador of Chub
    Quote Originally Posted by big_papa_nuts View Post
    I can honestly say that it may be the best money I have ever spent on a bike part.
    This. Eriksen Sweetpost, all the way.
    "The only way we can truly control the outcome of a ride is not going on it, which is a choice I'm unwilling to make." -K.B.

mtbr member
    The ti regular and Seven seat post have a very similar design and are both flawed in my engineering opinion. I also nearly had a nasty accident due to the Seven clamp slipping despite being torqued correctly. As safety comes first, I parked it and purchased a Thomson Masterpiece instead. It's double bolt clamp design won't ever slip suddenly like these single bolt clamps can do.