spearfish sizing question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010

spearfish sizing question

i'm kinda in between sizes on the spearfish and i'm trying to gather some opinions. i'm 6' with about a 32" - 33" inseam. would the med or large be a better fit? also, is $2350 a good price for the 2012 spearfish 2? thanks for your thoughts.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I'm 6'1" with about the same inseam. I just built up a large frame. What are you riding now? Look up the geo and compare to the SF.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I'm 5'9" with a 30" inseam and medium fits great. Was thinking about a small but glad I went medium. I am loving this bike. Perfect for the trails in SE WI.

mtbr member
    6'1", and i dig the Large, but do not let my preference decide yours. Find a shop with a Demo Spearfish and ride some single track on it, that always tells a lot. I know of at least one shop that has a large demo Spearfish.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmiidave View Post
    I'm 5'9" with a 30" inseam and medium fits great. Was thinking about a small but glad I went medium. I am loving this bike. Perfect for the trails in SE WI.
    Out of curiosity, when you tried the small frame, was it with a straight or set back seat post? Seems like about a 50/50 split with 5'9ish guys between small and medium?

On another note, have you had any clearance/pedal strike issues on any of the rougher WI trails ... due to the lower BB?

Something goes here...
    Quote Originally Posted by kfb66 View Post
    Out of curiosity, when you tried the small frame, was it with a straight or set back seat post? Seems like about a 50/50 split with 5'9ish guys between small and medium?

On another note, have you had any clearance/pedal strike issues on any of the rougher WI trails ... due to the lower BB?
    That's odd cuz I'm 5'8" / 32" inseam and ride a L. Fits me perfect. A M was waaaayyyyy to small.
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder

I find myself enjoying gravel more and more lately...

Members who have read this thread: 0