Spearfish 2014-5 Owners: SRAM pressfit GXP performance?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Spearfish 2014-5 Owners: SRAM pressfit GXP performance?

Looking for longer term reviews on SRAM press fit GXP bottom bracket performance. How have yours been holding up?

I have a 2014 Fish, but built it up with Shimano cranks and therefore the Shimano pressfit bb92 BB. It has been great for me running it for over a year (though the conditions have been dry here in So Cal).

I'm thinking about going 1x11 and have an X0 crank I can put a direct mount chainring on. I'm almost a little scared though to change BB to SRAM PF, hence the question.

Thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    My '15 Spearfish Carbon 1 was a demo bike and had a ton of hard miles on it before I got it and the bb runs true, smooth and quiet. No issues here.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by miweber929 View Post
    My '15 Spearfish Carbon 1 was a demo bike and had a ton of hard miles on it before I got it and the bb runs true, smooth and quiet. No issues here.
    Nice to hear, thanks miweber.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    i put the Sram bb92 into my 14 fish. it is the suspected noise that i am having. finding said noise is on my list of winter problems. looking at the Wheels MFG if i cannot find anything else making noise

The Dog.
    I also have a Shimano pressed into my Spearfish without issues. FWIW, my beargrease carbon has a SRAM GXP pressfit that has also been silent.

If you are really concerned, then you could get an enduro BB or a BBinfinite.

turtles make me hot
    I know this isn't what you're asking but maybe it'll help someone that needs to go this way...
    I've built two Spearfish. Both with Shimano XT cranksets and Praxxis Works bottom brackets.
    One is my wife's so it doesn't get ridden much. The other was for a friend. He rides the bike every day either on trails or commuting to work. Couple of years and nary a peep from it.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Stock 2014 Spearfish 3 here. Also not a light weight rider 200+. Rode and raced a couple times all last year. Even had a bad crank missing a spacer that destroyed the left arm. Yet the stock Sram BB has been dead silent and issue free.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Great, thanks. Bought the BB and all the other items. Just need to install. Will let everyone know how that goes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Just to close the loop on this one: installed the 1x11 setup, including the SRAM BB. Was a pretty simple and seemingly clean install. Digging the 1x so far. Bike is down to 25.5 lbs now too and pedals great. Just took it for a ride with 6,300 feet of climbing. Spearfish 2014-5 Owners: SRAM pressfit GXP performance?-img_3703.jpg