Salsa QR clamp size 4 a 5-spot?- Mtbr.com
    jrm
    mtbr member

Salsa QR clamp size 4 a 5-spot?

I need to buy a salsa qr but dont know the clamp size. Thanks..

Can Tree Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm
    32mm.
    Dad is sad.
    Very, very sad.
    He had a bad day.
    What a day Dad had!

Fo' Bidniz in da haus
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm
    and you may want to consider the Hope clamps....having had both, I prefer the Hopes over the Salsa. They seem more robust and of course most importantly, they come in all colors which the Salsa do not (only silver and black).....as I am sure you are aware that a blinged out bike is actually much faster

cheers

mtbr member

Hope Clamp

Hey Fo,

I'm thinking about the Hope seat clamp for my spot. The hope seat clamp is advertised as a 31.8. Do those 2 tenths of a millimeter make a difference? Just wondering...Thanks!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    and you may want to consider the Hope clamps....having had both, I prefer the Hopes over the Salsa. They seem more robust and of course most importantly, they come in all colors which the Salsa do not (only silver and black).....as I am sure you are aware that a blinged out bike is actually much faster

cheers

Ouch, I am hot!
    I have the Weyless/Supergo one for half the price as the others. It does the same thing too.
    I AM JUST A JERK

mtbr member

Hope!

The Hope I just put on my Spot is 31.8. I have run Salsa's for years and on this build I tried Hope rear skewer and Hope seat clamp and really dig them. They do weigh a bit more but at the same time they seem to work better. This shop in Portland stocks the seat clamps http://www.universalcycles.com/

UK member
    Living in the UK all the LBS's stock Hope seat clamps, when I purchased my 5 Spot in September I sepc'd it with Hope seat-clamp and skewers. These are the only parts I have changed since purchasing it.

The post was always slipping however tight I tightened it (note Hope QR seat clamp bolts have a reputation for snapping in the UK), swapping to a Salsa QR clamp solved this problem, no slippage now

Skewers never felt truly locked so swapped for Woodman gator comp's and this problem solved as well

I love Hope brakes though but will not use skewers or seat clamps again, however bling and sparkly the colours are

Fo' Bidniz in da haus
    that is unfortunate.....glad you found the fix. it is interesting though that I have the exact opposite experience with Salsa not being very robust at all....maybe we both got a bad batch

not so super...
    I never liked the sala for the fact that they do not have any type of bushing between the lever and the clamp itself. The slightest amout of crud in there makes it next to impossible to open the lever. I have never experienced any slippage with the Hope or not felt that they did not close properly.
    Nothing to see here.

UK member
    Yep really strange but I surpose thats the way it is sometimes

As I said though I really wanted these parts to work as i'm generally a big fan of Hope parts and with the rest of the bike being from the States (Turner, Fox, Romic, Thomson, CK) at least wanted some Brit parts on there

Anyway please buy as many Hope parts as possible to help strengthen the economy on our poor little island ;-)