Salsa frames- Mtbr.com

Thread: Salsa frames

Dec 2003

Salsa frames

I am thinking of building up a salsa Bandito frame to complement my FS bike I already have. My question is do any of you guys have any experience with them? Or any other suggestions in that price range for a decent frame. I know htey are not custom but there is no salsa page........

Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by VaNRS2
    I am thinking of building up a salsa Bandito frame to complement my FS bike I already have. My question is do any of you guys have any experience with them? Or any other suggestions in that price range for a decent frame. I know htey are not custom but there is no salsa page........
    A friend of mine just bought their Scandium road frame.... he hasn't built it yet, but it looks nice. I have riden their 853 road and mountain frames... both are very nice. Both are also said to be built by Waterford and other than the seat stays, they are very much like Gunnar frames and built by the same builders. I don't know if that is true or bike shop rumor, but looking at their frames, the quality is high enough that I could beleive it.

Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by VaNRS2
    I am thinking of building up a salsa Bandito frame .....do any of you guys have any experience with them?........
    I've had mine for about 4 month now. Really nice frame. I had a IF Deluxe before this one. I wanted to go with disc brakes all around so that's why I gave up the deluxe. To me, and I LOVE steel bikes, the Bandito rides the same. I think you'll be really happy with it.

jl
    climb
    Quote Originally Posted by kervin
    I've had mine for about 4 month now. Really nice frame. I had a IF Deluxe before this one. I wanted to go with disc brakes all around so that's why I gave up the deluxe. To me, and I LOVE steel bikes, the Bandito rides the same. I think you'll be really happy with it.
    Kervin,

The Bandito is a Scandium frame. Are you saying it rides the same as your IF Deluxe? If that's what your saying it's hard for me to believe. The salsa steel-frame is the ala-carte.

http://www.salsacycles.com/frames_alacarte.html

If you want a frame from the original salsa ala-carte builders I would go here.

http://www.soulcraftbikes.com/
    We don't need more to be thankful for; we just need to be more thankful.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jl
    Kervin,

The Bandito is a Scandium frame. Are you saying it rides the same as your IF Deluxe? If that's what your saying it's hard for me to believe. The salsa steel-frame is the ala-carte.

http://www.salsacycles.com/frames_alacarte.html

If you want a frame from the original salsa ala-carte builders I would go here.

http://www.soulcraftbikes.com/

That's what he's saying! That's one of the best things about Scandium, it has the weigh of aluminum with the ride of steel. I have a VooDoo Limba scandium frame, insanely light, but the ride is incredible. It definitely doesn't ride like a typical aluminum frame.

Chris