Salsa Delgado Disc Update - March 16th Update- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Salsa Delgado Disc Update - March 16th Update

Folks, the other thread is too long and the information gets lost so I started a new one. I will not be monitoring the other threads. Please use this one. Moderators, I'd recommend closing those other posts. Up to you.

We've got another shipment that just hit Tacoma, WA and is due to Salsa the end of March. This one is slightly bigger than the first and second shipment. I still expect it to sell out in a day or so because people will hoard rims and are still feeling the short supply. I don't know about quantity limits or anything at this time. We'll gauge demand over the next week or so.

I expect the rims will be available thru QBP around April 1st. I'll update this post as we receive more information.

Jason
    Salsa Crew
    Adventure by Bike

Check out our blog!

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by Salsa Cycles
    Folks, the other thread is too long and the information gets lost so I started a new one. I will not be monitoring the other threads. Please use this one. Moderators, I'd recommend closing those other posts. Up to you.

We've got another shipment that just hit Tacoma, WA and is due to Salsa the end of March. This one is slightly bigger than the first and second shipment. I still expect it to sell out in a day or so because people will hoard rims and are still feeling the short supply. I don't know about quantity limits or anything at this time. We'll gauge demand over the next week or so.

I expect the rims will be available thru QBP around April 1st. I'll update this post as we receive more information.

Jason
    Salsa Crew

Just curious--is the next batch still slated for ~4/1 delivery?

Do tell.

Thanks,

MC

mtbr member

In Minneapolis!

Mike, thanks for the check in.

Yes, they are still on track. They are being unloaded at QBP today. Actual date of in stock will be sometime next week. That part is beyond my control and subject to receiving and QC priorities of QBP.

I know you need a bunch, so why don't you give me a call or shoot me an email. I probably can't get all that you need, but I'd like to start planning your quantities in future orders.

More to come as I get the information.

Jason
    Adventure by Bike

Check out our blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Salsa Cycles
    Mike, thanks for the check in.

Yes, they are still on track. They are being unloaded at QBP today. Actual date of in stock will be sometime next week. That part is beyond my control and subject to receiving and QC priorities of QBP.

I know you need a bunch, so why don't you give me a call or shoot me an email. I probably can't get all that you need, but I'd like to start planning your quantities in future orders.

More to come as I get the information.

Jason

Thanks for the info, Jason.

PM sent--I don't have your phone or e info.

Thanks,

MC

mtbr member

Tires

Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Thanks for the info, Jason.

PM sent--I don't have your phone or e info.

Thanks,

MC
    Mike I know that these rims build up well but I am curious is hear how snug tires fit on them

Thanks

DZ

Quote Originally Posted by DeeZee
    Mike I know that these rims build up well but I am curious is hear how snug tires fit on them

Thanks

DZ
    They have a really deep center channel that the bead likes to fall down into when you're installing the tire--kinda the opposite of a Rhyno Lite if you're familiar. Some people might confuse this with a "loose fit", but the BCD seems to be spot-on. I've only put Exi's and Bonti's on my DD29's, but they both fit fine.

Side note--I have a DD29 on the rear of my Behemoth, and I was able (using a Stans FR strip) to get an Exi sealed up tubeless with very little effort. It leaks down overnight (more a factor of the tire than rim) but seems to be bomber on the trail.

MC

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Thanks for the feedback

Mike, You don't know how good it is to hear somebody else's commentary on how tires mount up and fit on these rims. I walked around our offices for a couple of days with rim and tires in hand trying to make the decision on how the tire fit would be percieved. I knew that the tires slipped on and off the rim easily and gave the perception that there may be a loose fit. I tried every tire we had. I also knew that I myself had ridden them at pressures as low as 20PSI with no problems. I beat myself up over it for days, I rode home emotionally exhausted. I wanted this project to go over flawlessly and be wildly successful for Salsa. So Thank You!

May 2005
    Has anyone set these up with Stan's yet?

Quote Originally Posted by JMKM
    Mike, You don't know how good it is to hear somebody else's commentary on how tires mount up and fit on these rims. I walked around our offices for a couple of days with rim and tires in hand trying to make the decision on how the tire fit would be percieved. I knew that the tires slipped on and off the rim easily and gave the perception that there may be a loose fit. I tried every tire we had. I also knew that I myself had ridden them at pressures as low as 20PSI with no problems. I beat myself up over it for days, I rode home emotionally exhausted. I wanted this project to go over flawlessly and be wildly successful for Salsa. So Thank You!

I wouldn't complain if the center channel could be made less deep on a future run of rims, but the reality is that it's just a minor annoyance in installing the tire--nothing more.

The DT TK's are pretty much identical in this respect, yet they remain the best do-all 29" rim going.

MC

Large wheels & one gear
    Quote Originally Posted by evilbike
    Has anyone set these up with Stan's yet?
    I tried but couldn't get them to seal up. (using Exi's front/rear)
    I Never Apologize............I'm Sorry, That's Just The Way I Am.

mtbr member

April 3rd Update

Let the frenzy begin!

Shortly, more Delgado 29er Disc rims will be put into stock at QBP. Both 32h and 36hole 29er rims will be in stock.

While this shipment is larger than the first two, it is still smaller than demand. For the dealers that are reading this forum, QBP will be limiting the quantity of 6 per hole drilling per dealer unless you are an . The next shipment is 4 weeks away.

If you are dealers that are signed up for the item watch email notification, please call as soon as you get that email. Putting them in your basket IS NOT an order. You need to call your orders in. I know that stinks, but that is the only way.

Jason
    Salsa Crew
    Adventure by Bike

Check out our blog!

May 2005
    Hot diggity!

mtbr member

May 4th Update!!!!

Good news.

We are expecting a shipment on May 18th and another one on June 3rd. These dates are estimates and you'll need to add a few days on each for QC. However, I'm anticipating that we will finally catch up to the availability glut and have these on hand when folks need them.

Thanks again to all for your support of the 29er market.

Jason
    Salsa Crew
    Adventure by Bike

Check out our blog!

Members who have read this thread: 0