Salsa 2016 lineup- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Salsa 2016 lineup

Salsa has put up info on their 2016 bikes.

Salsa Cycles

New bikes:
    Pony Rustler, a 120mm travel 27.5+ bike based on the Horsethief, both carbon and alloy.
    Deadwood, a steel 29+ drop bar mountain bike based on the Fargo.
    Marrakesh, a steel touring bike with both drop bar and flat bar versions.

mtbr member
    Some very cool new models but the colors for the most part are really off the rails. Makes for a lot of ugly bikes. The El Mars which used to be so cool are a complicated 4 color mess. The Beargrease looks like a bowl of rainbow sherbet. Very strange decisions.
    He who dares....wins!

mtbr member
    ... and no more Ti?
    Randy

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 家ndyA View Post
    ... and no more Ti?
    Alas the demise of the El Mar Ti.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Speaking of colors, they ditched the ugly gold Bucksaw.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 家ndyA View Post
    ... and no more Ti?
    No more:
    Mukluk Ti
    Colossal Ti
    El Mariachi Ti
    Fargo Ti

Vaya Ti is still around. It's new.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Not surprised they dropped the ti and I guess with the blowout prices this past spring the writing was on the wall. Some colors are meh and when you are paying not being paid to ride one of their rigs I can see the consternation. What looks cool in print or on an adventure by bike and what looks cool at your local trail head/gravel rando might differ......also some down spec from last season on many of the models. I would guess that would be mainly due to the boosting of almost the entire line-up and really the only boost products are Sram.

The big win is that the line-up is very wallet friendly. No obscene 11K wonder bikes just real stuff for real riders. I thoroughly enjoy all things Salsa and look forward to hearing and seeing more about the line-up and the adventures their riders undertake on them.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Glad I have my Ti El Mariachi. Now it is a collectors item. I even have the last year (2012) before they started painting them

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    No aluminum Spearfish is a big disappointment. That is probably the most traditional bike in the line-up, but carbon-only makes it more of a race bike, less every day MTB. I was hoping a Spearfish might be my next bike, but as a weekend warrior I have no interest in carbon.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Vaya frameset with carbon fork for $850 has my interest.

Though...a Ritchey cross fork on my current Vaya would do just as well.

Colors are a little "off" for me as well.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The Kopish, carbon is for weekenders as well! I noticed in the geometry chart geo for the alloy frame and I am betting you can still find an alloy model at your lbs. Don't rule out carbon especially with full squish.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    The Marrakesh flat is the only one that interest me. Was thinking of a flat bar single speed road bike to suffer on. I haven't had luck finding a Cassaroll.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I would love a 27.5+ version of the Deadwood. At 5'7 29+ seems a little big.

Human Test Subject
    Ray Charles could do a better job with their paint and he's dead.

rth009
    May 2010
    Pony Rustler is a rad bike, but that name . . . and that paint job . . .

Is the Pony Rustler and HT the same frame with different paint and names?

El Mariachi Ti is very popular in my area. Im surprised its no longer in the lineup. and I agree the El Mariachi paint is horrible. That panel job on the top tube is hideous.
    Last edited by rth009; 07-22-2015 at 08:52 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rth009 View Post
    Is the Pony Rustler and HT the same frame with different paint and names?
    Probably the same front triangle since the diameters of 29" and 27.5+ are the same. Different rear triangle for more tire clearance.

rth009
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Welnic View Post
    Probably the same front triangle since the diameters of 29" and 27.5+ are the same. Different rear triangle for more tire clearance.
    But it says in the HT description that you can run a 27.5+ with it:

The use of Boost spacing also means that the Horsethief is capable of running 27.5+ (27.5 x 3.0) setups. The Horsethief is specd and compatible with 110mm spaced 29/27.5+ (51mm offset) forks up to 130mm in travel, which allows the rider to toggle between 29/27.5+ wheelsets with only a wheel change.

mtbr member
    I think you are correct. When they opened up the rear triangle for the big tires they just put that on the Horsethief also. So it seems they are the same frame.

So if you wanted the versatility of having two different wheel sizes, and you want a nice 27.5+ bike, you buy a Horsethief and really nice 27.5+ wheelset for it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I think you are correct. When they opened up the rear triangle for the big tires they just put that on the Horsethief also. So it seems they are the same frame.

So if you wanted the versatility of having two different wheel sizes, and you want a nice 27.5+ bike, you buy a Horsethief and really nice 27.5+ wheelset for it.
    Amen to this. And you have the added bonus of avoiding the ridiculous name and paint of the Pony Rustler.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I dunno, I like the top-end Pony Rustler's paint.

mtbr member
    But it says in the HT description that you can run a 27.5+ with it:

The use of Boost spacing also means that the Horsethief is capable of running 27.5+ (27.5 x 3.0) setups. The Horsethief is specd and compatible with 110mm spaced 29/27.5+ (51mm offset) forks up to 130mm in travel, which allows the rider to toggle between 29/27.5+ wheelsets with only a wheel change.
    I noticed the same thing and was like what's the difference? I even compared the geo charts side by side.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kopish View Post
    No aluminum Spearfish is a big disappointment. That is probably the most traditional bike in the line-up, but carbon-only makes it more of a race bike, less every day MTB. I was hoping a Spearfish might be my next bike, but as a weekend warrior I have no interest in carbon.
    Consider a Horsethief. I switched from a Spearfish to a Horsethief and while my descending improved due to the extra travel I also found I was climbing as good or better. Split pivot vs. the older single pivot may have something to do with it to. There's only 1 or two climbs I can think of that I haven't beaten my PR from my Spearfish on.

Got a suspension fork
    If you look at the geometry for the 2016 Spearfish, you'll notice mention of an Aluminum Spearfish. What that means I don't know.
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Blackborow's still got that butt ugly paint scheme on top tube. Really??!! Salsa needs to fire their graphic designer.

I know it's about performance. But, for that money, I do want a bike that looks good.

rth009
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtDiver View Post
    Blackborow's still got that butt ugly paint scheme on top tube. Really??!! Salsa needs to fire their graphic designer.

I know it's about performance. But, for that money, I do want a bike that looks good.
    I might have waited for a blackborrow frame last spring but for that color panel on the top tube, but went with ventana el Gordo after 4 salsas in a row. I ain't hip though, so what do I know. I would paint them all in the Deadwood theme, especially a classic like the mariachi.
    All told, I think the only prohibitively-ugly ones are the pony rustler, the mariachis,and that black spearfish with the gold on the seat/top tube.
    Last edited by rth009; 07-22-2015 at 02:10 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    So much good...and bad going on here.

A lot of nice updates (BG bluto, boost, tubeless ready, a bunch of tweaks and component updates.

New additions like the Deadwood, Cutthroat, etc. but it feels like there's a lot of overlap. It's strange too because they basically have a massive touring line, mtn/fat, and one road (that is touring-esque).

Dropping Al and Ti on models. I get it but it sucks.

Half the models are ugly and the Pony is a terrible name. Some of the Warhol bikes actually work but some are just out there.

All in all I think they are moving to a touring/racing strategy. For the most part that is their focus. They've always been that way just not this extreme. I like it because it fits for me, just not sure about the general population. That said I'll end up getting something...

old and slow

Or get the Pony Rustler and buy a nice 29er wheelset with Boost spacing. Choose based on which configuration you want to have the better wheels or for the paint job you like best or even for the name you prefer.
    There's only two things in life (but I forget what they are). - John Hiatt

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I'm liking the flat-bar Marrakesh! i was thinking about doing something similar to my Vaya, but this will undoubtedly work better, and I can keep the Vaya more focused on gravel/mixed surface riding.

Seems like there is quite a bit of overlap in the Fat lineup now, though. The Mukluk shares the Blackborrow geometry which is based on the Beargrease geometry....

mtbr member
    The Marrakesh seems odd. I love my Vaya, but I'm surprised people saw it and thought "I wish that bike were more slacked out."
    Former bike mechanic; current idiot.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nato_the_greato View Post
    The Marrakesh seems odd. I love my Vaya, but I'm surprised people saw it and thought "I wish that bike were more slacked out."
    Well, my Vaya currently is sporting fenders and rear child-seat, and for a while I tried a kickstand, but wasn't happy with it. The Marrakesh would better fill the role of more of an everyday work horse and family cruiser.

mtbr member
    I mean, I get their whole thing is "niches within niches" and steel frames are cheap enough to make it's probably worth taking a punt on something.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Yeah, I suppose there's a chance I'm actually the only one who is interested in this one, but I've been looking around for a few months now, and this bike has what I want. Almost to the point that it seems like they read my mind...it has touring bike (stable) geometry with decent components, bottom pull deraileur, flat bar, extra bottle mounts on the forks and a kickstand plate. All I need to now is find a decent two footed kickstand that will work with it. I've already bought a couple cheap hybrid/comfort bikes trying to get what I wanted, but they haven't filled the bill...

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Interesting note about the mention of AL Spearfish in the geo chart. That would be welcome. My note about abandoning weekend warriors is not that I am wary of carbon, its just that I have budget constraints. I'm happy to haul more weight if the bike still rocks. The extra $500+ to upgrade to carbon doesn't come easily.

Got a suspension fork
    Interesting note about the mention of AL Spearfish in the geo chart. That would be welcome. My note about abandoning weekend warriors is not that I am wary of carbon, its just that I have budget constraints. I'm happy to haul more weight if the bike still rocks. The extra $500+ to upgrade to carbon doesn't come easily.
    I'm both wary of carbon in the land of sharp rocks (Arizona) as well as budgetary issues. I've got no problems with Aluminum frames and hope the AL Spearfish does continue.
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    The 2016 Marin Four Corners and the Vaya seem like the exact same frames.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Right, I hear you on the $$ can't argue with that. I usually spend on the things I now I will not replace like the frame and fork and then just fill in the gaps with the "best values" but keeping weight and reliability factored in the rest of build. For example I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on the 'fish frame if I could source some SLX parts (brakes, rear derailleur, etc..) hang on it.

On a second note I am reading no more alloy spearfish. If that is your target I am sure you can find one.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by steinercat View Post
    The 2016 Marin Four Corners and the Vaya seem like the exact same frames.
    I just looked it up, and yeah they seem really similar. The Vaya is a really good bike, so if you're gonna copy that's a good one to copy.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I've been leaning strongly towards getting a 2014 or 2015 Spearfish in aluminum.

If they remove the AL version from their lineup, how would that affect potential future warranty issues if the AL frame fails?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    It looks like the 2016 Vaya lacks a pump peg and cage bosses under the downtube. Those features, along with disc brakes, are the reasons I bought a Vaya in 2011. I still have it and love it. I know the new touring bikes will fill this need now, but I wish the Vaya stayed the same.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by nato_the_greato View Post
    I just looked it up, and yeah they seem really similar. The Vaya is a really good bike, so if you're gonna copy that's a good one to copy.

Yeps. In the end, I think I will end up going with a 2016 Vaya. Just waiting to see what final price is with the Carbon fork.

I've researched the past 6 months for a bike that fits my style of riding (road/lite touring), and always find myself re-directed to the Vaya.

mtbr member
    I was able to demo a few Salsas yesterday, including the Pony Rustler. The Pony Rustler was the best looking of the bunch, much better than in photos. It was also a blast to ride. It was my first time on 27+, I really enjoyed it. I also rode the Bucksaw and it felt sluggish and slow compared to the PR. Plus size definitely feels different than fat and is a whole different category.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by steinercat View Post
    I've researched the past 6 months for a bike that fits my style of riding (road/lite touring), and always find myself re-directed to the Vaya.
    I've had my Vaya since 2010, and it's the only bike I've ever owned I would never sell. I used to a serial upgrader but the Vaya is just that cool.

I recently bought a Colossal because I wanted something lighter and faster, but more often than not I still ride the Vaya. If the ride is like 2 hours long on pavement, the Colossal is faster, but if the ride is 4 hours or more, or with a mix of terrain, the Vaya is faster, I think just because of less fatigue on the Vaya.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Some very cool new models but the colors for the most part are really off the rails. Makes for a lot of ugly bikes. The El Mars which used to be so cool are a complicated 4 color mess. The Beargrease looks like a bowl of rainbow sherbet. Very strange decisions.
    Yes,,,some of the new colors are horrible. As mentioned above the colors available for the El Mar would make me pass on this model. Did anyone do any market research with the colors. Also, why do they paint titanium....BTW I do love Salsa bikes but who is responsible for the color choices on some of the bikes....

mtbr member
    Bummed there is no El Mari Ti. I was expecting a 29+ model but not a drop bar 29+, which to me has less appeal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Is the only difference between the Blackborow and '16 Mukluk, the tire clearance and perhaps Q-factor? What is the disadvantage to choosing the Borow over the Muk and have greater options for rubber width? There must be some rhyme or reason this shared geo. In other words, why would anyone buy a '16 Muk over a Borow?

rth009
    May 2010
    A note on salsa's facenet page says:

Who said Salsa is dropping Titanium as a frame material?
    None of us. Stay tuned because Ti is still a part of our future.
    Watch for select models being updated and made available as frames or framesets. -Kid

rth009
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by adinpapa View Post
    Is the only difference between the Blackborow and '16 Mukluk, the tire clearance and perhaps Q-factor? What is the disadvantage to choosing the Borow over the Muk and have greater options for rubber width? There must be some rhyme or reason this shared geo. In other words, why would anyone buy a '16 Muk over a Borow?
    The Blackborrow is built for 5" tires and their larger diameter, whereas the mukluk is built for smaller diameter 4" tires. If you want to run 4" tires like many do, you get a Mukluk so your bottom bracket is the right height. If you put 4" tires on a bike built for 5", the bottom bracket might be too low, leading to increased pedal strikes. Also, some riders prefer the 170mm rear of the Mukluk over the 190mm spacing of the BB. The differences in the models make total sense to me. The only thing that doesnt make sense are those color panels on the top tube of the Blackborrow that are unfortunately shared by the El Mariachi.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Salsa 2016 lineup-beargrease_carbon_x7_profile.jpg

I don't know why people are hating on these color schemes. I personally am in love with the carbon blue/purple Beargrease, and a few others as well.

old and slow
    A note on salsa's facenet page says:

Who said Salsa is dropping Titanium as a frame material?
    None of us. Stay tuned because Ti is still a part of our future.
    Watch for select models being updated and made available as frames or framesets. -Kid
    Glad to see this. I suspected it may be the case that new Ti versions are being developed and will be released later. Nice to have that confirmed by Kid.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GPcruiser View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beargrease_Carbon_X7_profile.jpg 
Views:	505 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	1005043

I don't know why people are hating on these color schemes. I personally am in love with the carbon blue/purple Beargrease, and a few others as well.
    Some of the color combos are nice, some are fugly. You picked out a nice one. I can't see myself buying a pink bike....I want to, I just can't do it...
    Just a fat old guy riding a fat old bike...
    Follow my antics at tent.bike

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Agree - El Mar colors are terrible. Cool colors are 1/2 the reason one is drawn to a model. Sure the bike and the specs are most important but would anyone buy a brown Ferrari? Glad I bought the Tequila lime a few weeks ago, these new colors are a deal breaker for my wife who wanted to buy a 2016 El Mar.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    ^
    Ummmmm. YES!
    Salsa 2016 lineup-ferrari-458-italia-brown-21.jpg

old and slow

2016 Fargo and Deadwood geometry comparison

I just made a quick comparison of the geometry charts for the 2016 Fargo and Deadwood. I was expecting similarities, but it looks like they are practically identical.

Salsa 2016 lineup-deadwood_geo.jpgSalsa 2016 lineup-fargo2016_geo.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    ^
    Ummmmm. YES!

Name:	Ferrari-458-Italia-brown-21.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	141.4 KB 
ID:	1005125
    yea u got me.. it is pretty cool, but the El mar is still - not good

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sisu View Post
    Speaking of colors, they ditched the ugly gold Bucksaw.
    Thems fightin' words!!!!

Salsa 2016 lineup-dscn0281.jpg
    Flotilla or Buffet.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Name:	Beargrease_Carbon_X7_profile.jpg 
Views:	505 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	1005043

That color is starting to grow on me. I didn't like it at first. I still like the red to black fade of the X1, sadly it's a little out of my budget. Anyone know if Salsa will mix and match build kits and frames?

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Anyone know if the pony rustler will clear more than a 3" width tire? The rocky sherpa can take a 3.25" width. Also will they offer the pony as a frameset only option? I prefer to build my own rather than buy a complete and then have to change half the parts on it.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight View Post
    Also will they offer the pony as a frameset only option? I prefer to build my own rather than buy a complete and then have to change half the parts on it.
    Only the page for the Pony Rustler the bottom of the build kit section has a frame only price of $2499.
    Flotilla or Buffet.

mtbr member
    +1....I agree and it looks like the graphics team went out to happy hour before choosing final paint schemes.

mtbr member
    No more:
    Mukluk Ti
    Colossal Ti
    El Mariachi Ti
    Fargo Ti
    This makes me wonder if some of these models aren't being phased out of the line up. The colossal hasn't sold particularly well in a lot of places. Salsa now has a lot of overlap in their lineup too with the Mukluk/Blackborow and Deadwood/Fargo. I can't see them having two sets of such similar bikes for long. Hopefully the el mariachi isn't being eliminated.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Got to ride some of the new bikes at the Salsa Demo in Kalamazoo, MI yesterday. Rode the Carbon Spearfish and it felt almost exactly like my Alu model. Also rode the Mukluk with front suspension, which for me was just ok - I love 'em in the winter but not so much on dirt.

Highlight was definitely the Pony Wrangler. Super fun bike, just rolls over everything, and the wider tires really are confidence-inspiring (and great for our many sandy sections). The 27.5+ full suspension setup seems to be really good. It just feels like you can point it and go without any worries. I left thinking that my wife would love this bike as it just makes riding rough stuff easier and largely carefree.

That being said it was a tad slow to accelerate, a little pokey on the short climbs, and was clearly slower through fast sections than my Spearfish, but's that's not really a surprise. I could defiantly see myself picking up one (or two) of these in the future.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight View Post
    Anyone know if the pony rustler will clear more than a 3" width tire? The rocky sherpa can take a 3.25" width. Also will they offer the pony as a frameset only option? I prefer to build my own rather than buy a complete and then have to change half the parts on it.
    Don't know, but I'd like to know. The WTB tires are marked as 3" on the sidewall. Hard to say what width they really are.

I'd build from a frame as well.

Wish they weren't boost, but not point getting pissed that battle is lost.

FWIW - I like the colour of the top end PR. The rest of the colour options I wouldn't pay $$ for.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Well I just sold my Dos Niner frame yesterday (and just finished taking the bike apart to ship it 30 mins ago and the main reason was to make room for a B plus bike in my fleet. There are chinese carbon B plus frames on ebay now that are basically copies in layout to the Trek Stache with the one E-stay. Since I already have rims (dually) and tires (vee Trax Fatty 3.25) I really just need a frame, fork and a pair of hubs to get the ball rolling.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    I'm bummed there is no El Mari 29+ option. I thought for sure Salsa would have an offering, besides the Deadwood.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BmoreKen View Post
    I'm bummed there is no El Mari 29+ option. I thought for sure Salsa would have an offering, besides the Deadwood.
    It's called the Krampus.

Surly and Salsa are each taking a shot at some of the niche bikes where having duplicates across QBP sub-brands wouldn't make $$-sense.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    If there was a Pink/Orange Pony Rustler, I don't think they could take my money fast enough! Hope I can get just the BG F/F in that color.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    After 40 years in the CO mountains now back to KS. Have been riding my GT LTS on the gravel roads around here as well as some slab. The GT is a great gravel bike also but a little heavy when I'm not doing single track and just want to put down the miles. Put a hold on a Warbird Carbon, should be showing up soon. The Salsa will be a big jump for me in performance but think I'm ready for that. Building my mileage back up 100 mi/wk after some knee surgery so think the Warbird will help with that and I can cover more miles when I want. Have read the tests on the non-carbon Warbird but apparently no recent ones out on the carbon. The others have been very positive. I believe there is still a good market for my GT. If anyone sees a new test on the carbon I would like to see it. Probably be about same time I get mine.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    It's called the Krampus.

Surly and Salsa are each taking a shot at some of the niche bikes where having duplicates across QBP sub-brands wouldn't make $$-sense.
    I see your angle but respectfully submit that an EM+ would offer alternator dropouts, upgraded tubing (?), and perhaps an upgraded component spec that would distinguish it. But certainly Surly/Salsa have the data at hand to make the best judgement. So maybe you're right.

rth009
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BmoreKen View Post
    I see your angle but respectfully submit that an EM+ would offer alternator dropouts, upgraded tubing (?), and perhaps an upgraded component spec that would distinguish it. But certainly Surly/Salsa have the data at hand to make the best judgement. So maybe you're right.
    I asked a Salsa demo truck dude about the possibility of an El Mariachi type 29+ last summer (2014) and he responded, "How does that fit in with the Adventure Bike Bike theme?" I understood this to mean that a 29+ El Mar trail ripper would not be a "adventure bike." I then asked how the Horsethief furthered the adventure by bike theme but a 29+ El Mar would not, and he also noted , correctly, that the Blackborrow, Mukluk, and Beargrease could all take 29+. I think the fact that when they did make a 29+, they made it the drop bar Deadwood, comports with his reasoning.

I think an El Mar with S&S couplers (without the panel paint job on the top tube) would make a lot of sense and fit the A by B theme.

sbn
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I really like the new Marrakesh dropbar as an commuter/touring bike.

mtbr member
    After doing the Salsa demo in Boulder a couple of weeks ago I decided to order an aluminum Pony Rustler (and found the sus Mukluk to be not intriguing). The only PR available in my size available for order from Salsa was the lower priced carbon. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    heck,ive never even seen one and i pre ordered a pony rustler alu last week...

Handmade in Switzerland
    Can someone tell me if the 2016 Horsethief Carbon X01 is already available?
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Am I missing a frame-only Spearfish Carbon?

Rider Found Dead
    Just ordered a 2016 Spearfish X01. I'm not crazy about the color scheme, but colors don't matter that much to me. I've been riding a steel El Mar SS for the last two years, and have been absolutely loving it. I'm hoping that the SF will have a similar geometry and feel, and that it will be ... well, just really fast (because I'm not).

I also have a Salsa Pugsley that I'll ride all winter (Canadian, eh?), so the SF probably won't get ridden until the snow melts. Still, very excited!

mtbr member
    Not the dollar short but certainly a day late, it isn't a simple matter to find a medium 2016 alu Beargrease in the Denver area. Got a few more shops to call with fingers crossed.

Rider Found Dead
    Just heard that my 2016 Spearfish X01 Carbon is on its way! We still have snow on the ground, so I probably won't be able to ride it for a few weeks, but I can't wait to see it!