• 09-11-2015
    Monstermash
    4 Attachment(s)
    My new El Mariachi Titanium
    Hey guys!

Here's a few photos of my new to me El Mar Ti I'm building up. It's a 2013 model and I picked up the frame and Niner carbon fork for $900. It was too good of a deal to turn down. Obviously I'm not going to use the tires that are shown on it. I think some Clement LXV's will do the trick!

It originally came with a white Niner carbon fork that I wasn't too crazy about so I removed the white paint, wet sanded it down to 1200 grit, and then polished it. I'm also going to ditch the white and red grips in favor fo some all black ones. It's going to be all all XT build.

What do you think so far?
  • 09-11-2015
    NDTransplant
    That bike looks fast standing still! What a bargain you got!
  • 09-12-2015
    Monstermash
    8 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NDTransplant View Post
    That bike looks fast standing still! What a bargain you got!

Thank you. Yeah, it was a great deal and was too good to pass up.

Here area few upgraded photos. It's just about done I'm just waiting on the XT crank and Race Face Narrow/Wide chainring.

Attachment 1015034Attachment 1015035Attachment 1015036Attachment 1015037Attachment 1015038Attachment 1015039Attachment 1015040Attachment 1015041
  • 09-13-2015
    TeamMuddySprocket
    Great bike and awesome deal... Although it's not a 13 as they have alternator drop outs (got a 13). Yours should be Lynsey made, enjoy the heck out of her!
  • 09-13-2015
    Monstermash
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamMuddySprocket View Post
    Great bike and awesome deal... Although it's not a 13 as they have alternator drop outs (got a 13). Yours should be Lynsey made, enjoy the heck out of her!

You are correct! I just did a little more research and it's a 2012. I'm ok with that though as that means my frame is made in the USA!
  • 09-14-2015
    TeamMuddySprocket
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstermash View Post
    You are correct! I just did a little more research and it's a 2012. I'm ok with that though as that means my frame is made in the USA!

I had to "settle" for the '13 as the '12s were all.gone.

Have you hit the dirt w her yet ?
  • 09-14-2015
    sloonz
    Great deal and sweet ride. I like the that you removed the Niner labels on the outside of the fork. I have a rigid white El Mar and an on the fence about going with a Niner fork. Not sure how much better it'll feel over the stock Salsa steel fork. I don't want the niner logos either.
  • 09-14-2015
    Monstermash
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamMuddySprocket View Post
    I had to "settle" for the '13 as the '12s were all.gone.

Have you hit the dirt w her yet ?

I haven't had a chance as of yet. I was planning to go for a short ride yesterday but the weather was really bad here yesterday. Plus it was Sunday and that means FOOTBALL!!! I'm heading out later this afternoon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sloonz View Post
    Great deal and sweet ride. I like the that you removed the Niner labels on the outside of the fork. I have a rigid white El Mar and an on the fence about going with a Niner fork. Not sure how much better it'll feel over the stock Salsa steel fork. I don't want the niner logos either.

I didn't remove the white paint/Niner logo because of the logo. The white just didn't look good with the all Ti frame IMO. If I had a white El Mar I would have left it white.

The weight difference with the carbon Niner fork would be huge over the steel fork. Do it!!!