• 10-27-2004
    Biz
    It's in my garage (Dos Niner Content)
    I picked up a Salsa Dos Niner demo today at work, n8ofire and I will be enjoying its company sometime between now and Monday depending on weather and scheduling and whatnot. I'll post my review (not that my opinion means crap to you guys) and I'm sure Nate will have something to say too.

BTW- Cockpit-wise, the 16 is dimensionally almost identical to my 17.5 Supercal29. I was a bit surprised when I kicked a leg over the 16 and found that I wasn't too far from the boys finding a home on the top tube (I'm 5'10"/5'11" but I have VERY short legs.)
  • 10-27-2004
    n8ofire
    dos niner
    Hey Biz,
    looking forward to getting a ride in, thanks for arranging that! I'm curious what kind of top tube length are we looking at on the 16"? For sure I'm bringing a shock pump as that seems to be the key. Does it have a winwood up front or the zoke? Talk to you later,
    n8

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biz
    I picked up a Salsa Dos Niner demo today at work, n8ofire and I will be enjoying its company sometime between now and Monday depending on weather and scheduling and whatnot. I'll post my review (not that my opinion means crap to you guys) and I'm sure Nate will have something to say too.

BTW- Cockpit-wise, the 16 is dimensionally almost identical to my 17.5 Supercal29. I was a bit surprised when I kicked a leg over the 16 and found that I wasn't too far from the boys finding a home on the top tube (I'm 5'10"/5'11" but I have VERY short legs.)

• 10-29-2004
    realbiker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by n8ofire
    Hey Biz,
    looking forward to getting a ride in, thanks for arranging that! I'm curious what kind of top tube length are we looking at on the 16"? For sure I'm bringing a shock pump as that seems to be the key. Does it have a winwood up front or the zoke? Talk to you later,
    n8

Are there alos other SALSA bikes available in 29" ??? :confused:
  • 10-29-2004
    n8ofire
    No
    Quote:

Originally Posted by realbiker
    Are there alos other SALSA bikes available in 29" ??? :confused:

Only one that I know of, the Dos Niner. This particular one has a 16" frame. Not sure what else might have been confusing?? :confused:
  • 11-06-2004
    Kam
    update...
    ^^^bump^^^^

uhhh....can we get a ride report???

please?
  • 11-06-2004
    n8ofire
    sorry...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kam
    ^^^bump^^^^

uhhh....can we get a ride report???

please?

Between rain/schedules no test ride happened for me last week. The 16" turned out a bit small for Biz, so I am hopefully going to get a ride on an 18" next week sometime. It WILL happen!
  • 11-07-2004
    jl
    n8ofire,

By the time you test ride that dos-niner you could be racing on the Lenz ;).
  • 11-07-2004
    n8ofire
    haha
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jl
    n8ofire,

By the time you test ride that dos-niner you could be racing on the Lenz ;).

JL,
    there may be more truth to that statement than you know ;) :D