its here.......- Mtbr.com

Thread: its here.......

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

its here.......

its here.......-trout.jpg

it is soooo nice. first ride tomorrow . some mixed single track, double track and gravely fire road stuff.......cannot wait.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Nice! Should mean my frame will be shipping soon!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Congrats! Any thoughts from your ride this past weekend? Spoke with Salsa yesterday and my XL should be shipping tomorrow!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Nice. Do you think it would fit a 27.5+ wheelset? I want to do a custom build Cutthroat.
    Flotilla or Buffet.

Ambassador of Chub
    They're flooding in right now - my LBS just got a bunch of them in stock.
    "The only way we can truly control the outcome of a ride is not going on it, which is a choice I'm unwilling to make." -K.B.

mtbr member
    Interested to hear how you like it, didn't you have a fargo before? If so how do you compare? Thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Mine arrived last Thursday and I got to ride it on Friday. Unfortunately, only 25mi but the bike felt great. Ride was mostly dirt roads with a bit of VT class 4(unmaintained public rights of way) and a bit of pavement mixed in. Initial impressions were that the bike is more compliant in the back than the front and a very efficient climber. Handing was very stable, as expected.

When I was setting the bike up, I thought the cowchippers were everything I've wanted the woodchippers to be but after riding them came to the conclusion that they're more comfortable for me when in the hoods and in the higher part of the drops when braking but I do miss the flat area in the lower part of the drops for cruising. Excited to try the bike on singletrack but that will have to wait until spring as winter has begun to set in here in VT and the local trails are closed.

For reference, I'm just over 6'2" weigh 170-175lbs and buy 34" inseam pants; about as short as one would want to be riding an XL. As expected, there is not much stand over height; but it is sufficient. I've been riding a Vaya(60 cm)for 6 years and a Fargo(XL) for 5 years. The Cutthroat(XL) is replacing both of them and is stock aside from a zero offset seatpost and my preferred WTB saddle.

Hope this helps others with their research.
    -Tom

Members who have read this thread: 0