Help!! Need info to calc spoke length for White Ecc. ENO Hub & Salsa Semi Rim!!!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Help!! Need info to calc spoke length for White Ecc. ENO Hub & Salsa Semi Rim!!!

Hey everyone:

I am in the process of putting together a new (to me) SS. I'll give you guys some pictures when its built but for now I need some help. I plan on using a White Industries Eccentric ENO hub rear laced to a Salsa Semi rim. In the front I"m going to use Chris King Disc Hubs laced to a Salsa Semi rim. Okay, the problem is that I"m too impatient to get the parts and measure them so I wanted to know if any body had the relevant information??? None of the spoke calculators have the ENO or the salsa rims. I'm thinking that I need the effective rim diameter for the Salsa Semi rims, and all the good measurements for the ENO. I can get the info for the CK hub from the DT-Swiss website. If anybody could give me some of this information I would be most appreciative!!!!

Thanks a million!

Gabe

giddy up!
    Call WB, they should have the specs....

Then call QBP, they will have the specs for the salsa...or call any bike shop with a QBP catalog, which will list the ERD on the salsa..

what frame are you building up?

Quote Originally Posted by gabe0807
    Hey everyone:

I am in the process of putting together a new (to me) SS. I'll give you guys some pictures when its built but for now I need some help. I plan on using a White Industries Eccentric ENO hub rear laced to a Salsa Semi rim. In the front I"m going to use Chris King Disc Hubs laced to a Salsa Semi rim. Okay, the problem is that I"m too impatient to get the parts and measure them so I wanted to know if any body had the relevant information??? None of the spoke calculators have the ENO or the salsa rims. I'm thinking that I need the effective rim diameter for the Salsa Semi rims, and all the good measurements for the ENO. I can get the info for the CK hub from the DT-Swiss website. If anybody could give me some of this information I would be most appreciative!!!!

Thanks a million!

Gabe
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by donkey
    Call WB, they should have the specs....

Then call QBP, they will have the specs for the salsa...or call any bike shop with a QBP catalog, which will list the ERD on the salsa..

what frame are you building up?
    Independent Fabrications Deluxe.........its gonna be schweet!!!

IF Delux frame, thomson seatpost/stem, azonic WF bars (weird but I love the sweep), Juicy seven front disc, Avid SD7 rear, etc. etc.......I'm so excited I can barely sleep.....

Well, perhaps this would be a good chance to support my LBS. I'll drop by there this weekend and ask them. Thanks for the info!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    When I built my eno eccentric wheel, I called white industries and gave them my rim make and spoke count and they called me back with the spoke length. ( 32 mavic 517-264mm spoke length). Good Luck

mtbr member
    The ERD from Salsa's website is 544mm - I can't verify this as I don't have the rim, and I've found that various batches of rims can differ.

My ENO measures 48mm flange diameter and 32mm offset, symetric R&L.

My spoke calc gives
    264 mm 3x rear
    262 mm 3x front

Cheers,

Tom

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

awesome thanks all!!!

Quote Originally Posted by itsdoable
    The ERD from Salsa's website is 544mm - I can't verify this as I don't have the rim, and I've found that various batches of rims can differ.

My ENO measures 48mm flange diameter and 32mm offset, symetric R&L.

My spoke calc gives
    264 mm 3x rear
    262 mm 3x front

Cheers,

Tom
    awesome, thanks!!!

Feeding your addiction
    I checked them also, using QBP's spoke calc and manually entering the numbers for the ENO....I'm also coming up with 264 for the rear, but 262(disc side) & 263 for the front.
    Larry Mettler
    http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    wow, you guys are good.......thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventanarama
    I checked them also, using QBP's spoke calc and manually entering the numbers for the ENO....I'm also coming up with 264 for the rear, but 262(disc side) & 263 for the front. Larry Mettler http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com
    Yes, for the CK hub, I got 262 disc side and 262.8 non-disc side, which I round down to 262. Not being a lbs lacky, I have a very dificult time getting odd spoke lengths up here, and I usually find it safer to round down as I like to tension my spokes a-la Brandt.

Cheers,

Tom

Members who have read this thread: 0