Fargo Steel vs Fargo TI- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Fargo Steel vs Fargo TI

Researching and seeking opinions and knowledge of those who own Fargo Titanium frames. I will be purchasing a 2011 Fargo in the coming weeks but still undecided about what frame to get. I know all the hoopla is around the Fargo TI but for the extra $1400 what am I getting? Can't exactly go and test ride a TI complete. Have ridden the 2009 & 2010 Fargo and totally digged and vibed with the ride. Thanks in advance....

sean

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I work in a shop that sells a lot of steel bikes, and a few Ti ones.....

Usually my advice to people with Ti, is find a geometry you relly like, and have it made out of Ti.... This is what I did with the Fargo. Have had my steel one, love it, got a Ti one coming.

If I were you, I'd buy a steel one, and trouble shoot that sucker til you decide you are in love, then go Ti if you are feeling it. And if it turns out its not really for you, then you didnt burn a fat load of cash....

That said, pretty sure the Ti one will rock your world

mtbr member
    What about tire clearance of the Ti version? It is supposed to be slightly less (2.3" vs 2.4"), but what does that mean in practice. Would a Race King 29x2.2 or Mountain King 29x2.4 still fit? And would it fit with fenders mounted?
    My outdoor blog: www.yetirides.com

Members who have read this thread: 0