Fargo fork and drop bars on Fisher frame- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Fargo fork and drop bars on Fisher frame

What do you all think about putting a Fargo fork on a GF Paragon G2 frame with drop bars. I am trying to build a commuter and piecing random stuff together. Would this be to out off wack and not ride good? The frame is an XL or 21in and i am thinking about the 50mm fork. Thanks

Full Tilt Boogie
    May 2005
    While the Fargo fork matches the rake closely to what Fisher specs their bikes with, the length is 28mm shorter. This will lower your head tube, bottom bracket, and will increase you head angle. For commuting purposes that may not be a bad thing, and you may like the change. You will likely need a stem with a large amount of rise, 35 degree plus, and a fairly long length to get the Woodchippers into a comfortable flat bar like position. In general, this fork change will put more of your weight further forward and it will lower you COG relative to the ground.

If you can find an appropriate stem to get the bars in a comfortable spot I'd say go for it. Watch your pedal clearance through corners. Your bb height will be about a 1/2" lower. You may have more issues with pedal strikes more than you normally would.
    I sell bikes here. Check out the Blog here. Facebook.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    It is difficult to make a comfortable straight bar bike into a comofortable drop bar bike. I have done this in the past and the cockpit was always too long and low, never very comfortable. For a commuter I would just buy some cheap road or CX bike from bikesdirect or craigslist.

mtbr member
    One good thing is that the Fargo fork has a 350mm steerer tube--that's long enough to put the bars just about wherever you want them.
    http://www.bikingtoplay.blogspot.com/
    RIGID, not "ridged" or "ridgid"
    PEDAL, not "peddle." Unless you're selling stuff

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Well ordered the fork, I feel optimistic about how it will ride. If i need to I will put a lot of spacers on the fork to get the bars up where it feels comfortable. My commute will consist of rails to trail green ways, some single track when I want to have some fun, some old railroad easements that will be future greenways along with street riding so I think this bike will be a good mix of road and MTB to give me a good commute. Trying to make it a more laidback ride because the commute will be about 16miles one way. I will post some pics when it is complete. Still working on obtaining a few more parts so it will be a few weeks. Thanks for in input All.

mtbr member
    How did this end up riding?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I think it rides great. I now have woodchippers on it and have much more control on the trails. I have been riding it all the time and had it up to speeds of 46 mph on the roads. Here is a photo of how it turned out.

Fargo fork and drop bars on Fisher frame-down%2520size.jpg

Members who have read this thread: 0