Fargo Fender Set-up and a Couple of ?'s- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Fargo Fender Set-up and a Couple of ?'s

I have read about and experienced how much the 29 fenders vibrate and wanted to show my fix. For the front, I attached the stays to the mid-fork eyelets and the fender is solid. For the rear, I got lucky and the rack I have came with a fender holder. Again it is solid with very little vibration. The rack is a Racktime Tourit and SIerra Trading Post has them on sale. Another rack that works well is the Axiom Journey since you can zip tie the fender stay to the rack.

Just did 45 miles on pavement and amazed how well the Vulpines roll. I am curious how well they stand up to loaded touring since they are a race tire and probably have lighter sidewalls. I hope you tell me they hold up well because they sing on pavement.

My other question is I have a 32 spoke TN 719 rear wheel. My gear and I will total about 280 lbs. Yeah I could loose a few pouinds but not that much actually. Think this rim can handle it and if not, what do you recommend. I am thinking of a 36 hole Chukker build?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fargo Fender Set-up and a Couple of ?'s-003.jpg  

Fargo Fender Set-up and a Couple of ?'s-004.jpg  

Fargo Fender Set-up and a Couple of ?'s-006.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I don't like the Vulpines for touring.... I did a sub 1000km trip with my girlfriend on them, which was 70% tarmac, and the rear one was just about toast. For more dirt oriented trips they'd be great.

TN719s should be fine for loaded tours, especially if you are running big tyres like that at not massive pressure. I have the 36 hole version on my Fargo and they are super solid.

Members who have read this thread: 3