El Mariachi fit question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

El Mariachi fit question

I am considering an El Mariachi complete. Right now my bike, a 26 in fs, has a 600 mm top tube which I pair to a 110 stem. No rise on the stem. Sometimes I stretch out to a 120, so the cockpit varies for me between 710 to 720mm.

I see the medium El Mariachi has the 600mm top tube whereas the large has a 620mm tt.

I'm looking for a smooth ride here and am completely new to 29ers. I have ridden a friends 18in Kona Unit and it felt pretty flighty compared to what I am used to. I really didn't like the feeling of being right on top of the front wheel, but the top tube there works out to be about 591mm. I'm guessing the large Salsa would alleviate that? Or would the extra cm or so in the medium be enough? Without my being able to test drive one, can I get some feedback or suggestions?

Thanks,
    GB
    "Bikes aren't fast--people are fast. Bikes are overpriced. It's an important distinction."---BikeSnob NYC

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    "Bikes aren't fast--people are fast. Bikes are overpriced. It's an important distinction."---BikeSnob NYC

Members who have read this thread: 0