Sep 2004

Dos Niner status?

Does anyone now the status of the Salsa Dos
    Niner? I was wondering if they will redesign the
    frame, (due in part to the mostly negative reviews
    here) or release it as is?

Harmonius Wrench

Not sure, but.....

I aim to find out soon! QBP, which Salsa is a "house" brand for, is having their annual dealer only show, called FrostBike, next month. I certainly aim to find out, and hopefully, eyeball a production Dos Niner while I'm there. I was interested in this frameset, and was really disappointed by mikesee's review of it. I had high hopes for it. I still really like the rasta paint scheme, though. My hope is they made the proper changes to the rear end!
    Riden' an Smilin'
    Guitar Ted

Blog
    RidingGravel.com

mtbr member

Dos Niners on the way

Hey folks, it's been a while......Yes, the Dos Niners are near. The first adds are starting to appear in mags. We hope to have all the detail of the Dos Niner on our website soon. I'll post information once all the final details are worked out. Assuming they pass QC, they should certainly be in stock by Frostbike mid. If any midwest dealers are attending, please stop by and check it out.

Just an FYI, I am building a full XTR 18" right now and will post pictures, possibly next week if I get it done.

Jason
    Salsa Cycles

jl
    climb
    Quote Originally Posted by Salsa Cycles
    Just an FYI, I am building a full XTR 18" right now and will post pictures, possibly next week if I get it done.

Jason
    Salsa Cycles
    Jason,

Have there been any changes to the infamous rear seatstay/chainstay width/height. If so, let us know and please, post pics after you build up the Two Nueve .
    We don't need more to be thankful for; we just need to be more thankful.

mtbr member

My build

Quote Originally Posted by jl
    Jason,

Have there been any changes to the infamous rear seatstay/chainstay width/height. If so, let us know and please, post pics after you build up the Two Nueve .
    Attached is a photo of my 18" Dos. Tire is a Kenda Klaw XT with a Salsa Delgado Cross rim. I'll post a complete pick when completed. As you can see, there is quite a bit of clearance. You'll see them in shops soon so you can judge for yourself.

Jason
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beware of Doggerel

final info???

I am really interested in a soft-tail for next season, maybe the Salsa if it fits my needs. Do you have the final geo numbers for the Dos Niner? I am curious about the standover of the 18 inch. I have a 32 inch inseam and it looks close, but a good fit otherwise judging from the numbers posted previously.

The seat stays look good, but that shot is too close for me to really tell. Could you post some shots of the built bike including a shot or two from the back showing the stays/tire along with the rest of the bike for scale. I only intend to use this as a summer bike, so as long as it has enough space to get me through the nice weather I'm still interested. Can't wait to check one out "in the flesh" and see for myself.
    thanks

Adam

QUOTE=Salsa Cycles]Attached is a photo of my 18" Dos. Tire is a Kenda Klaw XT with a Salsa Delgado Cross rim. I'll post a complete pick when completed. As you can see, there is quite a bit of clearance. You'll see them in shops soon so you can judge for yourself.

Jason[/QUOTE]

Derailleurs owned: 0
    29er Juan Solo next?

Quote Originally Posted by Salsa Cycles
    Attached is a photo of my 18" Dos. Tire is a Kenda Klaw XT with a Salsa Delgado Cross rim. I'll post a complete pick when completed. As you can see, there is quite a bit of clearance. You'll see them in shops soon so you can judge for yourself.

Jason

mtbr member

Hmmmm.......29" juan solo

Quote Originally Posted by c0jones
    29er Juan Solo next?
    It sure would be a fun bike. After riding the new carbon stayed Juan Solo, I'd sure like to ride one.

jason