Can Non-Salsa Dealers Still Order Through QPB?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Can Non-Salsa Dealers Still Order Through QPB?

Just wondering what the definitive word is.

I've been eying a number of Salsa models, but am pretty loyal to my LBS and in the end will probably go with something they can get for me.

mtbr member
    my understanding is when all pre-orders have been filled, any bikes/frames left are available for order through QBP by any shop... problem is there aren't ever many left I guess...

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong...
    Like is too short to grow up, go ride a bicycle!

Plebe
    From my understanding, yes.

I used to work at REI part-time (2008-Aug. 2011) in the shop and, from what I was told, if there was not a local Salsa dealer, REI could order the Salsa bike for you.

However, there may be hoops to jump through.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Skunk View Post
    From my understanding, yes.

I used to work at REI part-time (2008-Aug. 2011) in the shop and, from what I was told, if there was not a local Salsa dealer, REI could order the Salsa bike for you.

However, there may be hoops to jump through.
    this new policy I mentioned above started this year... I know for a fact our shop cannot order any bikes/frames off the QBP website...

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    If there are no local Salsa dealers your LBS can call QBP and might be able to work something out. It's how I got my Chili Con Crosso.

mtbr member
    My shop gets shot down by Salsa most of the time. Their bikes are hot. Guess they have to prioritize some how.

mtbr member
    Sweet bikes and cool company, but it's a bummer I can no longer go to my actual
    LBS, yet I can still get a Salsa frame or bike from impersonal e-tailors like Universal Cycles.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by D_Man View Post
    LBS, yet I can still get a Salsa frame or bike from impersonal e-tailors like Universal Cycles.
    Actually Universal is a pretty cool shop... I was up in Portland this last summer and got a chance to ride the Vaya and the Casseroll and came home with the Vaya and ordered the Casseroll frameset...

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by D_Man View Post
    D_Man,

I don't think your quote above is accurate. From what I understand, Salsa is first shipping bikes to satisfy orders from stocking dealers--which is pretty understandable. After that, any remaining bikes will be available for order through QBP, like any other product.

mtbr member
    Thanks for all the input. Will give it a shot through the LBS and see if I luck out on the QBP inventory thing.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Just realized last night that my LBS has mentioned they can get Surly bikes. Finally put it together that they might also be able to get Salsa. Called them first thing this morning and he did say that it comes down to what ever is left in inventory after the dealers get their stuff.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lawfarm View Post
    D_Man,

I don't think your quote above is accurate. From what I understand, Salsa is first shipping bikes to satisfy orders from stocking dealers--which is pretty understandable. After that, any remaining bikes will be available for order through QBP, like any other product.
    Anyone know if this is still accurate? Just wondering if a non-Salsa LBS with a QBP account can get Salsa product [assuming there is stock available]?
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    If you have a QBP account, and you're not restricted on an item (canadian dealers are for example, restricted from ordering WTB tires from QBP because WTB has an "exclusive" canadian distributor) when you check on the QBP dealer login to the website, then you can order it, if they have it in stock. But QBP has watch lists also for dealers who are waiting for items to come into stock, and they fill the orders off that list fast. I've been looking for some tires and in the morning they'll get a shipment (say of Nate Foldables) and by the mid-afternoon they'll be sold out.

I got my Haro beasley thru a norco-account dealer that wasn't a Haro-stocking store by just speaking to the norco rep myself one day when he was in the shop. Norco is the haro & masi bikes distributor for canada and he just placed an order through on his laptop to the warehouse and in five days the bike was delivered to the store.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    My LBS is a non-Salsa-stocking QBP account holder. We called Monday about a Spearfish1 frame and were told that they didn't have many left, but the guy found one Large in the warehouse and sent it on its way.

Ride good on the internet
    Aug 2006
    Salsa sells through stocking dealers first, and has for a few seasons now.

If you want a bike/frame and you are not a dealer, you call into QBP and fill out this form thing with the QBP person, and it gets sent over to the Salsa team who then decide if they can sell something based on proximity to a stocking dealer. If you are too close, you can't.

Simple enough, and they usually respond pretty quickly. I have done that for a couple customers, and the Salsa dealers in our area are far enough away it's not an issue.

Now, inventory on the other hand...that's a different story.