Anyone here ride a Mukluk v a BG?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2017

Anyone here ride a Mukluk v a BG?

What are your thoughts?

I like the versatility of both bikes ...

Iím also looking Farley ex 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I put a fair amount of miles on the current BG with 27.5 x 3.8" tires as well as the current carbon Mukluk with 26 x 4.8" tires. Initially I thought those 27.5" tires on the BG would give me about as much traction as the bigger 26" tires. I also thought that the BG would be more nimble and fun to ride on dirt trails.

I was happy with the BG at first and easily kept up with my friends both on single-track and with a few inches of fresh snow on dirt. As the winter progressed, I had a harder and harder time keeping up and found myself walking while my friends with 26" wheels were still riding. I swapped bikes a few times and saw how much easier the 26" wheels dealt with difficult conditions.

I bought the Mukluk and for me it was a much better bike. The larger tires allowed me to ride trickier conditions, but the bike didn't seem to suffer in the nimble department. Also, the more upright and compliant frame was more to my liking. I found the BG was very stiff/rigid which could make for an uncomfortable ride. I couldn't be happier with my Mukluk and plan to ride it for years.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydd71 View Post
    I put a fair amount of miles on the current BG with 27.5 x 3.8" tires as well as the current carbon Mukluk with 26 x 4.8" tires. Initially I thought those 27.5" tires on the BG would give me about as much traction as the bigger 26" tires. I also thought that the BG would be more nimble and fun to ride on dirt trails.

I was happy with the BG at first and easily kept up with my friends both on single-track and with a few inches of fresh snow on dirt. As the winter progressed, I had a harder and harder time keeping up and found myself walking while my friends with 26" wheels were still riding. I swapped bikes a few times and saw how much easier the 26" wheels dealt with difficult conditions.

I bought the Mukluk and for me it was a much better bike. The larger tires allowed me to ride trickier conditions, but the bike didn't seem to suffer in the nimble department. Also, the more upright and compliant frame was more to my liking. I found the BG was very stiff/rigid which could make for an uncomfortable ride. I couldn't be happier with my Mukluk and plan to ride it for years.
    Interesting- have you tried 29x3 on the Muk?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I ride 29x3 on my 2018 Muk all summer. Using a Bluto.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017

Anyone here ride a Mukluk v a BG?

Quote Originally Posted by DougA View Post
    I ride 29x3 on my 2018 Muk all summer. Using a Bluto.
    Iím between a that and a Lauf