Angleset on El Mariachi- Mtbr.com
    Is that Bill rated?

Angleset on El Mariachi

Just picked up an El Mariachi, but the fork I have access to is a wee bit shorter than normal (445.) I am thinking I can compensate with an angle adjusting headset and just use the fork I already have rather than buying a new fork and lace a new hub into my front rim. Has anyone played odd games with their El?
    Well, it was a good try.

Birthday Collector
    The Angleset won't fit into the cups on the El Mar, unless they somehow made one that fits a 44mm head tube. For what you would pay for the Angleset, which can creak and have occasional issues, you can buy a Cro-moto fork that will fit properly and be happy with it - assuming you plan on a rigid ride.
    R.I.P. Corky 10/97-4/09
    Disclaimer: I sell and repair bikes for a living

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ATBScott View Post
    The Angleset won't fit into the cups on the El Mar, unless they somehow made one that fits a 44mm head tube. For what you would pay for the Angleset, which can creak and have occasional issues, you can buy a Cro-moto fork that will fit properly and be happy with it - assuming you plan on a rigid ride.
    They do make an AngleSet for the 44mm headtube...

Cane Creek Cycling Components :: Components :: Headsets EC44 | ZS44#AngleSet EC44 | ZS44

Cannot comment on the creaking or other possible issues though.

Is that Bill rated?
    Went short and normal after all. I like the lower top tube it afforded and the handling hasn't been an issue yet.
    Well, it was a good try.

Members who have read this thread: 0