• 06-23-2020
    JMac47
    Alternate to mtb bars on Timberjacks?
    Anyone try a dropbar setup say the Woodchipper's on these? Have a TJ frame to build up. I'm not trying to make a fakey Cutthroat, but have access to a rigid NINER fork and some drivetrain components. Would the stem setup have to be funky to make it work?
  • 06-24-2020
    Battery
    I havent done it but there is a guy on Instagram who does!

He goes by the IG name @derekteed1. Hope that helps!
  • 06-24-2020
    mack_turtle
    most likely, you'll have to use a very tall, short-reach stem. a drop bar ads a few inches to the overall cockpit length of the bike.
  • 06-24-2020
    LonelyDwarfProd.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mack_turtle View Post
    most likely, you'll have to use a very tall, short-reach stem. a drop bar ads a few inches to the overall cockpit length of the bike.

Definitely. And that could be tricky since I think the stock stem on a Timberjack is 50mm.

I'd also look at the effect that the rigid fork will have on the stack/head angle/reach compared with the suspension fork as that may change the feel of the bike quite a bit on its own.
  • 06-24-2020
    JMac47
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LonelyDwarfProd. View Post
    Definitely. And that could be tricky since I think the stock stem on a Timberjack is 50mm.

I'd also look at the effect that the rigid fork will have on the stack/head angle/reach compared with the suspension fork as that may change the feel of the bike quite a bit on its own.

Thanks all!👍 I just threw this out there since my buddies offered the parts as a gesture. The guy with fork may not have known it's a 120/130 geo frame. Think I'll just stay with original plan and build it up conventional 29r mtb with a 120 fork and drivetrain parts I have. 👍