2007 Salsa El Mariachi LE 29er Photo- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Smile 2007 Salsa El Mariachi LE 29er Photo

2007 Salsa El Mariachi LE 29er Photo-20150510_084537.jpg

2007 Salsa El Mariachi LE with matching suspension corrected rigid fork. Sram X9 1x9 drivetrain (Aerozine 40t single crankset, PG970 11-26 cassette, gold SL chain, 9spd gripshift). Avid BB7 disc brake. Thomson stem. DT Swiss X470 disc wheel set, XT hubs, with Geax Saguaro 29" 2.2 all-mountain tyres.

mtbr member
    Nice bike and looks to be in good condition for its age too. Unless I break it, I doubt I could ever let mine go.
    BTW not quite the "LE" model, the 2007s came out in blue compete and the green as a frame and fork. The LE came out as a dedicated single speed with a beige and fancy brown stickers.The list of bits on the complete is still up on the bikeman page here...
    https://www.bikeman.com/bicycle-prod...iachi-complete.
    I still like the greens best.
    2007 Salsa El Mariachi LE 29er Photo-el-mari-1-sml.jpg

mtbr member
    Thanks for the insight baabaa. Yours seems to be in mint condition too. Yes, will never let go this classic frame. Let's hope more owners post classic El Mariachi photos here. Keep the spirit going
    Last edited by chris9888; 05-10-2015 at 05:37 PM.

mtbr member
    I just purchased one of these frames...any advice on wheels or other components for this?

mtbr member
    Umm depends on your budget I guess. For me I tend to stick around what was the parts available at the time.
    El Mariachi | Bikes | Salsa Cycles
    https://www.bikeman.com/bicycle-prod...iachi-complete
    The ebb seems to play better with 68 mm bb and cranks without spacers than 68-73mm so I swap between cx cranks with gears and the stylo 1.1 when single speed. I tend to keep this as a no fuss ss nowadays as I run a set of phil kiss hubs with a screw on freewheel which I bought for the frame and are not much good on any of my other bikes without an ebb or other chain tension options.
    I still use the bb7 mtn but with drop bars cane creek levels and an in-line cable adjuster. Not flash or fancy but they work
    Wheels can be as light or solid as you like but headsets, stems and seatposts just take your pick...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by baabaa View Post
    Umm depends on your budget I guess. For me I tend to stick around what was the parts available at the time.
    El Mariachi | Bikes | Salsa Cycles
    https://www.bikeman.com/bicycle-prod...iachi-complete
    The ebb seems to play better with 68 mm bb and cranks without spacers than 68-73mm so I swap between cx cranks with gears and the stylo 1.1 when single speed. I tend to keep this as a no fuss ss nowadays as I run a set of phil kiss hubs with a screw on freewheel which I bought for the frame and are not much good on any of my other bikes without an ebb or other chain tension options.
    I still use the bb7 mtn but with drop bars cane creek levels and an in-line cable adjuster. Not flash or fancy but they work
    Wheels can be as light or solid as you like but headsets, stems and seatposts just take your pick...
    I need to find a matching fork some day. I have been considering painting the salsa smurf blue one I found but not sure how that will look.