• 02-24-2016
    Paochow
    $20 XD freehub for Salsa hubs
    If anyone needs a replacement XD driver for their Salsa hub like this one: XD Freehub Body | Parts & Accessories | Salsa Cycles

    Jenson has this Race Face XD freehub on clearance for $19.99, and I can confirm that it is identical to the Salsa freehub. Had the same date code and markings as mine and after checking with a micrometer everything including the spacers are the same. $100 cheaper than the Salsa hub.

    Race Face XD Freehub Driver > Components > Wheel Parts > Freehub Bodies | Jenson USA
  • 02-26-2016
    mohrgan
    Thanks for the tip! I just bought one as a spare...
  • 02-08-2017
    ETChipotle
    Does this also fit the 197 Salsa hubs found on the Blackborow and Ice Cream Truck?
  • 02-09-2017
    npelder
    The secret is out, they just went up to $49!
  • 02-11-2017
    Paochow
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ETChipotle View Post
    Does this also fit the 197 Salsa hubs found on the Blackborow and Ice Cream Truck?

    Not sure- I've used them to convert 142mm and 177mm hubs, but I don't know if the 197mm hubs use the same style of driver. If you remove your driver and it has the tapered spacer and three pawl with a spring through the middle of each, then it likely should fit.
  • 07-11-2017
    backen
    Need a replacement
    I am looking for an alternate to the Salsa freehub that I continually replace. my last one lasted 9 months. Same story, the bearings are falling out of it. Would like to find a way to just replace the bearings. but also replace the unit with something of higher quality.
    any guesses if this is the exact same size spec?
    SRAM XD Driver Freehub Body > Components > Wheel Parts > Freehub Bodies | Jenson USA
  • 07-12-2017
    Paochow
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by backen View Post
    I am looking for an alternate to the Salsa freehub that I continually replace. my last one lasted 9 months. Same story, the bearings are falling out of it. Would like to find a way to just replace the bearings. but also replace the unit with something of higher quality.
    any guesses if this is the exact same size spec?
    SRAM XD Driver Freehub Body > Components > Wheel Parts > Freehub Bodies | Jenson USA

    No that is a different style freehub. 4 pawl vs 3.
  • 11-29-2017
    6thElement
    Now up to $93 from Jenson...

    Are the Salsa hubs made by Formula?
    I'm trying to find an XD driver for my Formula fat bike hub and the Formula website is useless...
  • 11-29-2017
    mohrgan
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by 6thElement View Post
    Now up to $93 from Jenson...

    Are the Salsa hubs made by Formula?
    I'm trying to find an XD driver for my Formula fat bike hub and the Formula website is useless...

    Yes...Formula makes Salsa's hubs. Yes...Formula's site IS useless!
  • 03-20-2019
    aminkman
    Can anyone confirm this XD driver will fit on the Salsa (Formula) 197 fat hub? The Salsa website shows no part #. I want to convert my Ice Cream Truck to GX Eagle but don't want to buy a new hub.
  • 04-08-2019
    JAGI410
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by aminkman View Post
    Can anyone confirm this XD driver will fit on the Salsa (Formula) 197 fat hub? The Salsa website shows no part #. I want to convert my Ice Cream Truck to GX Eagle but don't want to buy a new hub.

    Use the NX Eagle cassette. It works great with GX and you can use your existing hub and save money too.
  • 04-08-2019
    aminkman
    Thanks JAGI410, I ended up going with the Sunrace cassette. Also, I found out there was an aluminum and steel version. If you have a steel freehub the part # is: "Thanks for the email. You should be able to order one of these through your local bike shop. The part number on this XD Driver is FW4558." From QPP. Also from Surly:
    "Thanks for reaching out. Your local Surly dealer can order part# FW4558 from our distributor Quality Bike Products. Be sure to use the internal 16mm spacer and not the 23mm spacer!"