Why hasn't Rocky Mountain posted their 2021 bikes yet?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2020

Idea! Why hasn't Rocky Mountain posted their 2021 bikes yet?

Its already toward the end of the season (for non-fat bikers it is) and brand names like Giant and Trek have released their 2021 bikes, yet Rocky Mountain seems to be shady about their bikes. Even in a Pinkbike post related to a possible 2021 model that was seen at the Crankworx Whistler, Rocky Mountain didn't comment. Why do you believe that this is happening?

Link to article:
    https://www.pinkbike.com/news/spotte...er-series.html

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I think they normally update their bikes or colors around September if I remember, I could be wrong though

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    OK so couple things to unpack here.

1. why would rocky comment on a "spotted" article? Most brands don't. Besides, if they're letting their high profile athletes ride them (and right now those three are just about the highest profile athletes in the world given whats going on), it must be close to release. If somethings far from release, unknown testers get them who no one cares about.

2. Trek and Giant released their bikes early because they ran out of bikes about 2 months earlier than they thought they would, even with updated forecasting and prediction models. Huge brands like them can leverage their supply chains and move things up when they have to. Smaller brands (and Rocky is a small brand, all things considered) don't have this luxury.

3. Rockys usually come out at the end of August/Early September. Usually, you get 1 or 2 bikes released at or around Crankworx Whistler which didn't happen this year (you're thinking of silver star), but probably would be just starting around now.

Be patient, just because big brands moved things forward, doesn't mean all brands will. Trek and Giant are the exception, not the rule so far.

Besides, I can guarantee you there is a 100% chance that Trek has more stuff coming.

ups and downs
    Rocky also tends to only announce bikes that are in production and shipping somewhere to their global dealer base, and it's likely that the covid situation in Asia delayed production volume. Covid seems to have sucked bike supplies completely dry around the world so there's also a fair chance they might have tried to fill demand on the recreational MTB, urban and road bike models before trying to get the higher end bikes out.

They also have some of the team bikes custom painted, so the Pinkbike article might have spotted a custom painted current frame, or even a prototype frame built in North Vancouver for one of the riders to try at Crankworx Summer Series.

So you never know what the plan might actually be, they could show up at the dealers at the same time they are rolled out, or they could be released just in time for spring riding season in Australia/South Africa.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Aug 2020

... and if we just ...

Nevermind guys. Rocky Mountain has released their bikes on their website. They are sick! (Though I might disagree with some of the color schemes)

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    There are new photos on their Facebook page as of an hour ago.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yeeyeemtb View Post
    Nevermind guys. Rocky Mountain has released their bikes on their website. They are sick! (Though I might disagree with some of the color schemes)
    Can you share the link? I am not able to see them.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

mtbr member
    Nov 2019

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Anyone find pics and specs of the Instinct and Altitude yet?
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

Thrill Bikers Unite!

rjl
    mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I've heard from reliable sources that the new Altitude (which, like the Slayer, will be available in both 27.5 and 29) will be released shortly*, but the new Instinct won't be released until 2021. My guess is that this isn't necessarily Rocky's choice, but more of supply chain issues with the pandemic. I have heard that shops won't have them in until around Valentine's Day.

*If you go to the Altitude page on bikes.com, you are stuck on the 2020 model as of the time I write this. Normally, the model year is a drop down menu and you can go "back" in time to see the 2019 and 2018 Altitude. That feature isn't there right now, which tells me the 2021 Altitude page is being (or has been) put up and they disabled the drop-down feature on the year to keep people from seeing the 2021 bike until they are ready.

mtbr member
    Aug 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by rjl View Post

*If you go to the Altitude page on bikes.com, you are stuck on the 2020 model as of the time I write this. Normally, the model year is a drop down menu and you can go "back" in time to see the 2019 and 2018 Altitude. That feature isn't there right now, which tells me the 2021 Altitude page is being (or has been) put up and they disabled the drop-down feature on the year to keep people from seeing the 2021 bike until they are ready.
    Its the same on the Instinct's page as well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Anyone find pics and specs of the Instinct and Altitude yet?
    Oddly enough (at the time I am writing this) those bikes haven't been updated yet, though many of the other bikes have.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    The rumors I heard:
    Altitude size S + M 650B, M - XL 29er. 160mm RW travel. Seems the Ride9 has changed to a Ride3. Instinct and Altitude share the same frame and only differ with the shock mount, which can be replaced. So it should be possible to convert one to the other. Chainstay length is adjustable, too. HTA, Reach and WB are not too progressiv.

rjl
    mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yeeyeemtb View Post
    Its the same on the Instinct's page as well.
    Yeah, just noticed that.

I know I've heard that the new Instinct won't be in bike shops' hands until around Valentine's Day, and the Altitude will be more like next month, so who knows. I'd be happy to be wrong.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Only two aluminum models of thunderbolt? Redesign or drop?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    The 2021 Growler 50 in the black/purple color looks amazing!!!! Gonna decide between that and a Fuse I think

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    I heard that the official release on Instinct and Altitude is September.

And then we eat them."

Thrill Bikers Unite!

mtbr member
    Aug 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee View Post
    Only two aluminum models of thunderbolt? Redesign or drop?
    Likely its a result of supply chain issues. Maybe it led to them dropping the thunderbolt carbon models.

Shartacular Spectacular
    Rocky Mountain scanned the MTBR forums and found a copious number of posts featuring two Slayers outfitted to cover the full spectrum of mountain biking and excelling at everything. As such, they determined no new bike models were necessary.
    18 SC Bronson C
    Grip2, Reserve 27's, i9, Float X2

18' SC V10
    Fox 40 w/Avy air/coil, WAO: The Outlier, i9, Avy Woodie

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    Really bummed they are cutting the 27.5 slayer in the bigger sizes L/XL.

Anyone know if this is just a supply chain issue? I dont want a freeride bike with 29 wheels

ups and downs
    I expect that's a wheel size trend driven by feedback from the Enduro and DH racers.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianbrah View Post
    The 2021 Growler 50 in the black/purple color looks amazing!!!! Gonna decide between that and a Fuse I think
    This bike is freaking rad! I wish I had matching trails for a 64 degree HA but I don't. Also looking at Fuse expert. (next spring).

mtbr member
    No Suzi Q this year.
    BBB (big beautiful bike)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrpretzel View Post
    Really bummed they are cutting the 27.5 slayer in the bigger sizes L/XL.

Anyone know if this is just a supply chain issue? I dont want a freeride bike with 29 wheels
    Was a bit confused by frame/wheel size for new slayer as well as interested in a Large 27.5" though just reading Thomas Vanderham's new 2021 bike build and note that his size large is running 27.5. Not sure if he's just slotted them into a 29" frame or they are doing both wheel options for the L & Xl, and just no 29" for the small?

https://www.bikes.com/en/stories/202...s-custom-build

mtbr member
    Aug 2020
    The Altitude page now has the option to select model year 2021, even though it directs you Access Denied page.
    Official lunch is getting closer.

mtbr member
    Aug 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by adamshar View Post
    The Altitude page now has the option to select model year 2021, even though it directs you Access Denied page.
    I had post pics of the new altitude and various builds on this thread a week or two ago, it appears they were taken down.....

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Quote Originally Posted by adamshar View Post
    Im hungry now. Taco Tuesday?

And then we eat them."

Thrill Bikers Unite!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by seacoaster View Post
    I had post pics of the new altitude and various builds on this thread a week or two ago, it appears they were taken down.....
    Do you still have the pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by incubus View Post
    Do you still have the pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, its a 170/160 bike, 27.5 s-m, 29 m-xl, a couple of interesting builds.

mtbr member
    Aug 2020

Instinct 2021

Quote Originally Posted by seacoaster View Post
    Yes, its a 170/160 bike, 27.5 s-m, 29 m-xl, a couple of interesting builds.
    Any chance to you can post the Instinct C70 2021 as well?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by temporoad View Post
    No Suzi Q this year.
    Last year they only offered 1 model. Shame if they don't offer it any longer, as it is really the only big brand to offer a narrow q fat bike option.