Rocky Mountain Slayer! - Page 5- Mtbr.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    mtbr member
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by GRPABT1 View Post
    So any news on the 29er Slayer update? I heard there was a sneaky photo getting about?
    Its going to be polarizing... Its nothing like the current Slayer other than the name... Horizontal Shock for one. 180mm travel.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinboyer View Post
    I've used the IL on a number of bikes and like it quite a bit. I prefer coils on all my bikes that's why the "need". Do you have another coil shock that you'd recommend?
    All I mean is that I'd consider the regular db coil Cs over the inline if it will 100% fit... Don't think you'd have an issue as these guys fit the fox X2 easy which afaik is the thiccest shock on the market

As for the 2020 slayer.... the 29er version will probably not be 180mm unlike what the previous poster has said. Otherwise I wouldn't say it's polarizing, more like the logical progression from the current one. Visually different maybe, but the two/suspension will make sense!

mtbr member
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by j-t-g View Post
    As for the 2020 slayer.... the 29er version will probably not be 180mm unlike what the previous poster has said. Otherwise I wouldn't say it's polarizing, more like the logical progression from the current one. Visually different maybe, but the two/suspension will make sense!
    Polarizing amongst current slayer owners I would say. Its a new look. Im not a fan...
    180mm 27.5 and 170mm for the 29er

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by j-t-g View Post
    All I mean is that I'd consider the regular db coil Cs over the inline if it will 100% fit... Don't think you'd have an issue as these guys fit the fox X2 easy which afaik is the thiccest shock on the market

That makes sense. I did call Cane Creek to inquire about the Inline, and they said the Inline does not come in the length needed for the Slayer, and that the DB Coil CS would be a better choice over the Inline. I know the Fox DHX2 is a popular coil for the Slayer as well. Just trying to cover all the bases before I pull the trigger on a coil shock.
    2019 Rocky Mountain Altitude C70 Custom
    2018 Pivot Mach 5.5 Custom
    2018 Orange Alpine 6 Custom
    2017 Knolly Warden Custom

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXJIM View Post
    Polarizing amongst current slayer owners I would say. Its a new look. Im not a fan...
    Any pics or knowledge of a release date?

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXJIM View Post
    You have our attention. Pics?

29ers Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty2019 View Post
    Any pics or knowledge of a release date?
    I'd guess late July into August we will learn more about it. That's when Rocky tends to release their brand new stuff. I don't want to make anyone break embargoes on it. I'm excited to see what it's like, but I'll be patient.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    We might see something sooner, I have heard nothing official but I think we might see something coinciding with bike parks opening... I can't imagine they'll launch their season without bikes as they got rid of all of their maidens last year AFAIK.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Catalouge photo I saw looked like they have gone back to the reddish/grey colorway which was probably the least favourite of all the 17+ colors, horizontal mounted shock under the top tube and some weird looking brace behind the headtube that completley ruins the clean lines the current model is renowned for. Guess we'll see when its officially released.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Photo was posted here yesterday for an hour or 2 - looks just like an Enduro now. Meh....

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Looks aside I'm not a fan of the current Slayer, yeah it looks great and is a good park bike but I feel like there's faster bikes. If they make it uglier but faster I'm keen, less antisquat too please.

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by GRPABT1 View Post
    Looks aside I'm not a fan of the current Slayer, yeah it looks great and is a good park bike but I feel like there's faster bikes. If they make it uglier but faster I'm keen, less antisquat too please.
    Not the fastest. All party though.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

29ers Forever
    Im guessing it will be an evolution of the Pipedream concept...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345