RM Color Codes- Mtbr.com

Thread: RM Color Codes

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

RM Color Codes

I'm (hopefully) getting my 2019 Altitude Powerplay Alu 70 in a week or 2, and I'm looking to order a custom decals set for the fork, shock, and rims.
    I'd like to know the color code (RAL I assume) of the "Billy Ocean" turquoise color, so I can order a custom set of decals. I noticed someone else also asked the same question in another Altitude post, but it never got answered.
    AFAIK it looks like Yeti's turquoise color, for which decal sets already exist, but I'm not sure if the resemblance is close enough to risk it.

2 other Q's, not about paint:
    - the front wheel/fork comes without a quick release axle, so I need a hex tool to remove the wheel. Can I safely replace that with a quick release axle? I need the remove the wheel each time to get the bike in the van, so a quick release will save me a beer in time.
    - The Powerplay system seems to be downtuned to max 25 kmh in EU, rather than the standard 20 mph (33 kmh) in the US/CA. Is there any way to get the software back to 'factory settings', and reach 20 mph over here as well?

ups and downs
    When you consider that the QR 15mm axle still needs to be unscrewed after the tension is released, there's no real difference in time to remove the axle with the hex key. And it is faster to install as you don't have to mess about getting the QR lever aligned.

It looks like all the bike and component manufacturers have an agreed upon palette for colours to make it easier to accessorize. So that turquoise colour is going to be complimentary to colours offered by Race Face for their components and decals. If you want an exact match you're likely going to need to wait until you have it in your hands to match RAL or Pantone colours.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jonee View Post
    I'm (hopefully) getting my 2019 Altitude Powerplay Alu 70 in a week or 2, and I'm looking to order a custom decals set for the fork, shock, and rims.
    I'd like to know the color code (RAL I assume) of the "Billy Ocean" turquoise color, so I can order a custom set of decals. I noticed someone else also asked the same question in another Altitude post, but it never got answered.
    AFAIK it looks like Yeti's turquoise color, for which decal sets already exist, but I'm not sure if the resemblance is close enough to risk it.

2 other Q's, not about paint:
    - the front wheel/fork comes without a quick release axle, so I need a hex tool to remove the wheel. Can I safely replace that with a quick release axle? I need the remove the wheel each time to get the bike in the van, so a quick release will save me a beer in time.
    - The Powerplay system seems to be downtuned to max 25 kmh in EU, rather than the standard 20 mph (33 kmh) in the US/CA. Is there any way to get the software back to 'factory settings', and reach 20 mph over here as well?

I messaged RM direct through Messenger on FB regarding my new RM Altitude frame. I wanted to match the red accent color on the frame. They replied within a day with the exact Pantone color match. 2035C. Shoot them a message on their FB page. In fact, I had multiple questions about my frame, and messaged them each time, and got prompt replies. I also learned that Pantone is for a paint match, and RAL is for an anodizing match.
    2019 Rocky Mountain Altitude C70 Custom
    2018 Pivot Mach 5.5 Custom
    2018 Orange Alpine 6 Custom
    2017 Knolly Warden Custom

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    RM indeed answered via facebook:
    thanks for reaching out. The Pantone code for Billy Ocean Blue is Pantone 7466C.

(tnx for the tip)

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jonee View Post
    RM indeed answered via facebook:
    thanks for reaching out. The Pantone code for Billy Ocean Blue is Pantone 7466C.

(tnx for the tip)

Glad it all worked out for you.
    2019 Rocky Mountain Altitude C70 Custom
    2018 Pivot Mach 5.5 Custom
    2018 Orange Alpine 6 Custom
    2017 Knolly Warden Custom

mtbr member
    that's good to know...