Ride 9 Broken Bolt- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Ride 9 Broken Bolt

So today I decided to experiment with the ride 9 settings. I un-tightened the bolts, set the chips in the position I want then when I was tightening the bolt back in it became really hard to tighten more.

I was not even close to having the bolt flush with the chip, I gave it a little pressure to tighten and the bolt snapped (picture below).

I live in Vegas so there are no RM dealers here in town. I checked RM's shop for replacement parts and this bolt does not seem to be in the shop for sale. I sent a message to Rocky Mountain via there web page so hopefully they can help me..

Does anyone have any experience with this or any idea why it stopped threading in half way while tightening? did I do this wrong? Is there anywhere else I can find this part?

Ride 9 Broken Bolt-img_20190309_140116.jpg

mtbr member
    Had the same issue, bolts are cheap but you need to spend min of 60$ + shipping. I think I ended up getting two sets of bolts and a hanger to get to the 60$ cap... Make sure you specify the right side of the bolt, they sent me the wrong sides of the bolt (mine stripped at the allen portion) I still had to pay for the side I needed + shipping and wouldn't take the wrong ones in return... sad and disappointed about it though

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Here's my bottom pivot bolt that broke. They ended up replacing the rear triangle from the bolt breaking.
    Last edited by rt4x4; 04-02-2019 at 12:06 PM.

mtbr member
    thanks for the replies, I did finally get a response from RM and they shipped out a new bolt and screw, but yeah I had to buy some bearings to get to the minimum 40 bucks, then they charged 20 bucks shipping. So a 9 dollar bolt and screw cost me $70 total.

But this was my fault so i'm ok with paying, I tried to do this for the first time on the side of the trail with crappy multi tools and in a hurry, so lesson learned. I've got it now all put together and ready to ride again!