Replacement for (or removal of) 2 step remote Fox lever? Element C 50- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Replacement for (or removal of) 2 step remote Fox lever? Element C 50

Just got my beautiful new black C50 Element. What a amazing bike.

Going to get a dropper post- either BikeYoke or Fox transfer.

I use a dropper post much more than I will use the shock remote

I prefer remote levers like the Triggy or Wolftooth remote- preferably
    with direct attachment to the brake.

But seems difficult to place such a remote together with the Fox shock remote lever, and would like a cleaner look

Is there a smaller more up-right alternative lever for the Fox shock remote lever? Perhaps something like the CTD 3-step Fox lever- or other options?

Overall, the difference between the open and firm setting seems small- I could happily live with only the open setting. Is it possible to get rid of the remote alltogether i.e fix the shock in the open position? Or change the switch to directly on the shock?

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    I use a transfer with a wolftooth remote. It is hidden behind my brake lever in the pic below.

I just simply moved the lockouts to above the bar on other side.

Replacement for (or removal of) 2 step remote Fox lever? Element C 50-bar.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Thanks, actually did not consider that option. Solves the look and lever issue on the left side,- not pretty on the right, but then may have to live with it..

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Wonder if this twinloc replacement as over bar clamp would be a method to keep the Fox lockout on the left (with a under bar dropper lever), what do you think?
    https://sprungmass.com/trek-top-fuel...-remote-issues

Occasionally engaged…
    I too went to the Wolftooth remote for the Fox Transfer dropper post. I initially put the lockout on the right side and on top of the bar like you show in your picture, but it was too much in the way for my taste. I found that I had enough room to run the shock lockout on the left side under the bar as normal, inboard of the Wolftooth lockout. It's tight, but I can operate the dropper perfectly well and I've found I'm even less inclined to accidentally inactivate the shock lockout when it's inboard like that, but it's still reachable by my thumb if I do want to use it (which is almost never off-road). Even though the left side of the bar is "crowded", it looks cleaner and operates better (IMO) than having the shock lockout on the right.
    Last edited by Ptor; 08-06-2018 at 08:25 AM.
    "The plural of anecdote is not data." -- Attributed to various people in a variety of forms, but always worth remembering...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by flipjhl View Post
    Wonder if this twinloc replacement as over bar clamp would be a method to keep the Fox lockout on the left (with a under bar dropper lever), what do you think?
    https://sprungmass.com/trek-top-fuel...-remote-issues
    Friend did this with his spark, he hated the 2x style dropper remote it came with, put on a above bar twin lock with a 1x dropper, looks good.

My top fuel i have a below bar mount twin lock and a 2x raceface remote. I had to bend the shit of the noodle so the brake didn’t rub but i like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fatbike, XC bike, Gravel Bike....

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Thanks. Ended up doing the same as Ptor-keeping the shock remote on the left side, but moving it centrally away from the brake and the BikeYoke remote (which is an improvement compared to my previous Fox transfer)- this way I don't accidentally release it (stupid that it is push to unlock).

Actually I am riding only without lockup.

Anyway to fix the it in the open position permanently, in order to get rid of the remote completely?

ups and downs
    If you want to run the remote shock in a fixed position without the remote lever, the easiest way is to cut a short piece of shifter cable and run it into the cable stop on the shock, and rotate the remote actuator around to match the setting you want.

So using the remote lever, mark the position of actuator wheel to a reference point on the shock, and then just insert the cable and pull it tight against the stop, and then adjust the actuator wheel position to match your reference mark and tighten the cable anchor bolt.

I ran my T-bolt this way, with it set to about half way between T and D mode and that worked well.

Replacement for (or removal of) 2 step remote Fox lever? Element C 50-dscf0659.jpg

Replacement for (or removal of) 2 step remote Fox lever? Element C 50-dscf0660.jpg

Replacement for (or removal of) 2 step remote Fox lever? Element C 50-dscf0661.jpg

Replacement for (or removal of) 2 step remote Fox lever? Element C 50-dscf0662.jpg
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

Occasionally engaged…
    I finally remembered to take pictures of my setup, which I've become very fond of. I don't use the lockout all that often, but it's still accessible from the grip and can be triggered as needed. The Wolftooth dropper lever is simply awesome and I use it dozens of time every ride -- far superior to the OEM Fox dropper lever.

Images: top -- cluttered bar, but it works; middle -- lockout off, just 1 mm from touching the dropper cable; bottom -- lockout engaged.

Replacement for (or removal of) 2 step remote Fox lever? Element C 50-dropper_lockout.jpg
    "The plural of anecdote is not data." -- Attributed to various people in a variety of forms, but always worth remembering...

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill View Post
    If you want to run the remote shock in a fixed position without the remote lever, the easiest way is to cut a short piece of shifter cable and run it into the cable stop on the shock, and rotate the remote actuator around to match the setting you want.

So using the remote lever, mark the position of actuator wheel to a reference point on the shock, and then just insert the cable and pull it tight against the stop, and then adjust the actuator wheel position to match your reference mark and tighten the cable anchor bolt.

I ran my T-bolt this way, with it set to about half way between T and D mode and that worked well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0659.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	298.3 KB 
ID:	1214001

Name:	DSCF0660.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	313.5 KB 
ID:	1214002

Name:	DSCF0661.JPG 
Views:	154 
Size:	273.7 KB 
ID:	1214003

Name:	DSCF0662.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	263.4 KB 
ID:	1214004

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

J-Flo
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptor View Post
    I finally remembered to take pictures of my setup, which I've become very fond of. I don't use the lockout all that often, but it's still accessible from the grip and can be triggered as needed. The Wolftooth dropper lever is simply awesome and I use it dozens of time every ride -- far superior to the OEM Fox dropper lever.

Images: top -- cluttered bar, but it works; middle -- lockout off, just 1 mm from touching the dropper cable; bottom -- lockout engaged.

Name:	dropper_lockout.jpg 
Views:	740 
Size:	106.7 KB 
ID:	1214350
    Thanks for these pics. I tried to set my new Bike Yoke dropper up this way with a WolfTooth remote but had too much interference between dropper lever and lockout levers, so went with an old KS button lever for the dropper, but I’m not happy with the ergonomics on the trail. Looks like I just needed a bit more space — and perhaps to mount the dropper lever outboard of the brake like you did (rather than on the brake with matchmaker). An easy to use dropper is paramount, and I only need to lock the suspension a few times per ride.