New RM owner 2016 Thunderbolt 750 MSL. Question regarding maint.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2018

New RM owner 2016 Thunderbolt 750 MSL. Question regarding maint.

Hey,

I bought a new to me demo bike.

I broke down all the pivots and cleaned and greased everything, completed with blue locktite and torqued to 75lbs as specd by RM

My question is it says to do grease every 20 hours but this means using the ports right and not a full tear down clean and re-grease.

So often often will that need to be done? Also, how do i know when I need to replace the bushing and such?

I also noticed on the linkage the orings were missing. I read online this is coming for them to go missing. If I am doing regular maint do I need to even bother replacing the orings only to lose them again?

Finally,

For the ride9 system. In the online pdf I found vs the pics I see on google the numbers don't line up. So for my bike, I want to start off with the XC mode then try the most slack position. which positions are these?

And do I need to change pressures and rebound ect. for my suspension for each position? I am 5"11 160 lbs

Thanks.

ups and downs
    Yes, every 20 hours with the greaseports, you might need to loosen the bolts just a bit to leave a bit of space for the grease to get in there. The O-rings aren't as important for keeping the water out of the bushings if you use a good synthetic waterproof grease.

You'll know when the bushings wear, there will be play in the linkage. If you keep them greased they should last a long time.

The Ride9 slack position #2 is toward the front of the bike and the #6 XC steep toward the rear of the bike, and the #4 is toward the ground

New RM owner 2016 Thunderbolt 750 MSL.  Question regarding maint.-ride9-web-02.jpeg

This is my T-bolt in position #5, a balance between heavier rider and XC steep.

New RM owner 2016 Thunderbolt 750 MSL.  Question regarding maint.-dscf0399.jpg
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    thanks for the advice, this is perfect stuff