Float DPX2 on '18 Element C50?- Mtbr.com
    tmb
    When in doubt- turn left
    Feb 2004

Float DPX2 on '18 Element C50?

Anyone upgrade from the DPS rear shock to something like the DPX2? With the more sophisticated settings, I could see doing away with the remote lockout(making room for dropper remote).

Looking to nudge this bike just a touch closer to the trail side of the xc/trail category.

I will say though, this bike has impressed me for a 100mm xc rig. It's served me well for a season of Midwest singletrack, a week in Bentonville, a long weekend in Western NY, and a short trip to Charlotte NC.

Wouldn't mind squeezing out a few mm more travel either. The Instinct @ 140mm is more bike than I need but a 120mm Element would be the ticket.

Hey Rocky! Bring back the BC Edtion or fill the gap in your lineup.

tmb
    When in doubt- turn left
    Feb 2004
    To answer my own question, No. Fox doesn't make the DPX2 that short.

mtbr member
    Go on, I'm listening.
    Director of Product
    Rocky Mountain Bicycles

tmb
    When in doubt- turn left
    Feb 2004
    I'd like an Elestinct or an Instement, you know, a good blend of both bikes. Just an all around wicked mtn bike. The Element is way to the xc side of the xc/trail class and the Instinct seems to leaning to the side of trail/AM.

It seems something that split the middle would be hugely popular to Joe Average that resides in the middle 2/3's of the country. Something that with the right wheels/tires, it wouldn't be the reason I missed the podium at a Midwest xc/marathon event. Yet would hold it's own with a competent pilot when taken to chunkier places like Pisgah/Up state NY, Michigan's UP, even some high alpine out west stuff.

130mm f, 120mm r, 67.5-68 HA, 74ish STA, a rear shock w/ LSC so I can ditch the remote, room in back for a healthy 2.5 if wanted, clearence for a 36t ring, BSA 73 BB.

Like I said above, I've been very happy(and impressed) with what my Element has handled.

Any hacks to squeeze out a bit more travel? Instinct rear triangle? Diff linkage? I'd throw a 130 fox 34 on there and call it a day!

Thanks for caring and listening to a customer ramble.

T

C-H
    mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by tmb View Post
    I'd like an Elestinct or an Instement, you know, a good blend of both bikes. Just an all around wicked mtn bike. The Element is way to the xc side of the xc/trail class and the Instinct seems to leaning to the side of trail/AM.

It seems something that split the middle would be hugely popular to Joe Average that resides in the middle 2/3's of the country. Something that with the right wheels/tires, it wouldn't be the reason I missed the podium at a Midwest xc/marathon event. Yet would hold it's own with a competent pilot when taken to chunkier places like Pisgah/Up state NY, Michigan's UP, even some high alpine out west stuff.

130mm f, 120mm r, 67.5-68 HA, 74ish STA, a rear shock w/ LSC so I can ditch the remote, room in back for a healthy 2.5 if wanted, clearence for a 36t ring, BSA 73 BB.

Like I said above, I've been very happy(and impressed) with what my Element has handled.

Any hacks to squeeze out a bit more travel? Instinct rear triangle? Diff linkage? I'd throw a 130 fox 34 on there and call it a day!

Thanks for caring and listening to a customer ramble.

T
    I do apologize to the Rocky forum but that list of requirements is met by the Ibis Ripley LS.
    It's a 29'er with 130/140 front and 120 rear travel. 2.6" tires fit. It has got space for a 36T front and finally it has a threaded bottom bracket.

I'll slowly back away now .

tmb
    When in doubt- turn left
    Feb 2004
    Ripley and Primer are on my short list for new frames.