BC regrets?- Mtbr.com

Thread: BC regrets?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

BC regrets?

I'm noticing the used Instinct market is overwhelmingly BC editions which makes me wonder if it is just the most popular variant, or if people found it too much bike which is what I'm concerned about in Eastern Ontario.

For someone who sucks at jumping and rides predominantly flat tech, will I be longing for the regular model?
    2015 Brodie Romax
    2011 Giant Trance X3 "Andre"
    2013 Rocky Mountain SoloCX "Han"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bishskate View Post
    I'm noticing the used Instinct market is overwhelmingly BC editions which makes me wonder if it is just the most popular variant, or if people found it too much bike which is what I'm concerned about in Eastern Ontario.

For someone who sucks at jumping and rides predominantly flat tech, will I be longing for the regular model?
    I'm in mid eastern Ontario and I ride a HT with the 29+ platform. I does everything for all the trails that I ride.
    BBB (big beautiful bike)

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I mean yeah, you should probably own the regular instinct in eastern ontario. I'm not sure why the used market is mostly BC editions - might be because those are quite a bit pricier and take longer to sell, especially in Ontario. I also think that people who sprung for the BC edition are more sensitive to wanting the newest and the best enduro bike out there and maybe flip bikes a bit more often.

Personally though I have a hard time noticing between the BC and regular when pedalling around once both are set up properly except for steeper, techier climbs. That said, I've settled somewhere between the BC edition and regular for my own bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Thanks, that makes sense. I also realize that my version of climbing is probably 200 metres vs an hour out West so probably over thinking thing. Everytihng feels huge vs 2011 26er.
    2015 Brodie Romax

Time is not a road.
    If I lived back in MI, I'd be seriously looking at the BC Element. That bike rips and with a little more travel up front and some more trail oriented parts, it's a killer bike for East Coast-ish riding.

I tested an older model here in Moab a while back and I almost bought one, but got the Instinct BC instead because of the potential for riding in CO and other mtn states. But the Element really held its own, for what it is. And the weight and light handling were awesome. For the tight corners, forests and limited climbs, the Element is really a great option.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    If I was riding around Toronto and southern Ontario that would be good, but for hitting trails in Quebec I like the safety net of a bigger bike.
    2015 Brodie Romax