Altitude Jump well- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2018

Altitude Jump well

This new altitude looks like a great package in alloy 70.
    Coming from a Capra. How well does it corner and jump ?

Anyone know weight of alloy 70 ?
    Uk pricing ?
    Last edited by coming_in_hot; 10-03-2018 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Just

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Just curious, why get away from the Capra? I'm guessing you aren't happy with the Capra ride but curious what you don't like about it. The Altitude, Jeffsy, Stumpy and Bronson are on my short shopping list. Looking for an alloy bike 150-160 travel.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    I went for the 2018 A70 altitude and I couldnít be happier. The Capra first of all in medium was a little small for me Iím 170cm. I found it was sluggish peddling on the flat and uphill. It just didnít carry speed as well as i had hoped. Going downhill and jumps it is slightly better than altitude but the altitude corners better and is more fun.
    All the bikes you mention were on my list. Stumpy was my favourite but a few reviews revealed it wasnít a great peddler uphill. Bronson was too expensive for the spec with no great advantage. The Jeffsy wasnít aggressive enough.
    The altitude for me was the best package. Spec was superb. I only changed our the brakes. The geo ride 9 give you so much flexibility. For me it is the only bike out there to cover all bases. Xc - bike park. I love it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Thanks for the extra info. I think I'm coming to the same conclusion. Just waiting for the demos to come into the shop so I can try one out. I demo'd a tracer this week. Good but still not the right bike. Demo'd an Enduro last year. Too much travel, no pop off jumps, fast downhill but just too much of a good thing. Found a great deal on a Process 153 cr for 35% off but it's carbon and matte black so not my fave. The stumpy is close but the Altitude has better parts like you said and Shimano brakes which I also like. I'd like to find a discount on an Altitude alloy 70 but doubt I'll find it here. Bike are always in demand in Tahoe!

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Process is a stunning bike and well proven to be popular choice. Part of the reason the altitude was so appealing also I got £800 discount as it was last yrs model.
    Have you looked at nukeproof mega or a vitus sommet ?
    Good luck with finding the altitude you want !

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I haven't looked at those models since we don't have those dealers here. Great you found a deal on a bike. I'd love to find a deal but this time around my primary goal is to do a full demo before I buy so I might end up paying full price to get exactly what I want. The good news is we have just about every brand of bike dealer here and most have demos so it shouldn't be too hard.