2019 Rocky Mountain Altitude- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2013

2019 Rocky Mountain Altitude

From the time I first rode the updated Altitude almost 1 year ago I've wanted one.

Any word on updates with the current Altitude?

I read on here Rocky is keeping the Instinct the same color ways with only minor changes to the kit. Safe to say they're doing the same with the Altitude?

Of the mid travel 27.5 bikes I've ridden in the last year, the Altitude is among the best do everything trails bikes out there. So many 150mm 27.5 bikes are getting so long and slack that they're starting to feel more like big enduro sleds rather than playful trail bikes. I was also blown away by how well this bike climbs!

Just don't want to miss out on any new kit or color if the 2019 Altitude comes out this summer with updates or changes.

Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Curious about this as well. Looks like '18s were released really early last year, like April or so. Hopefully we get some news soon.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    That's what I'm hoping too. I'm pretty sure the 2019 is going to have some NX Eagle. At least for the Instinct (https://www.pinkbike.com/news/review...rivetrain.html). My LBS said new instinct won't come out till a few months, but nothing definite.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    New paint and DPX2 as standard on all models accept the alloy 30

I picked up the carbon 70 model, swapped out the wheels for some custom carbon hoops laced to I9 hubs.

I was super interested in the carbon 90 with the new Shimano 12 speed drivetrain but it doesn't look like Rocky will be delivering that bike anytime soon.

I've always liked the new altitude ever since I first road it almost a year ago. This new color scheme put me over the edge as I think it's the best-looking paint job I've seen on a bike in a long time. It's just different than the standard colors you see right now.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Wow I was just looking at the website and wasn't a huge fan of the new colors but they look amazing in actual photos. This bike may have crept back up to the top of my list for new trail bike this year.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by troodontinae View Post
    Wow I was just looking at the website and wasn't a huge fan of the new colors but they look amazing in actual photos. This bike may have crept back up to the top of my list for new trail bike this year.
    Yeah dude, so much better looking in person and after riding it yesterday I must say, I'm super impressed! This bike is so much better with the dpx2 shock than it was with the DPS. It still maintains that Poppy playful feel but just feels smoother on the chunky stuff

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jason04 View Post
    Yeah dude, so much better looking in person and after riding it yesterday I must say, I'm super impressed! This bike is so much better with the dpx2 shock than it was with the DPS. It still maintains that Poppy playful feel but just feels smoother on the chunky stuff

Hey Jason - Love this bike too- in your review you mention you were going to swap out the tires.....curious as to what rubber you will use to replace the maxis?