2007 Slayer SXC stealth dropper post- Mtbr.com
    PatientNindja

2007 Slayer SXC stealth dropper post

Has anyone installed a stealth dropper post on an older frame that wasnít specifically designed for a stealth install but has an open bottom on the seat tube? Could this work or would it put too much Bend in the cable. Iím looking at a cable actuated model not hydraulic tubing. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    You should easily be able to do it on a Slayer SXC. I would zip tie it on the inside of the ovals to keep it away from the shock and bend it to route along the bottom of the downtube with the other cables. Should be able to do that without extreme bends in the cable housing.

Great bike by the way. I had an 08' Slayer SXC 70 in Grey with a Fox 36 vanilla for about five years and it was a beast. It was built on the same suspension design as their DH bikes at the time and it certainly felt that way.

ups and downs
    The only thing you have to be careful of is the overall length of the dropper post as you don't want the bottom of the seat post extending below the open bottom seat tube or you can start to have some release mechanism interference with the shock under full suspension travel. It's worth the effort to let the air out of the shock and compress the suspension fully to confirm that the cable release mechanism on the seat post doesn't get near the shock. It's worth spending the time deciding how much drop you want on the seat post and what that means for the overall seatpost length with your frame size. The seat posts with a lot of drop are also much longer, so you want to figure out the amount of drop you need to select the right seatpost.

You can zip tie the release cable to the outside of the seat tube support and the brake cable on the downtube and run it up to the headtube.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada