Wanted: Syncros Seatpost 27.2 x 350- Mtbr.com
    'Calm Down'

Wanted: Syncros Seatpost 27.2 x 350

Anyone happen to have a Syncros post collecting dust? Know of a NOS one at a local shop? Please let me know.

SPAM Pass: Click Here (Yes I paid my $2)

Thanks for your help,
    jw
    -

"And single-speeding 29ers are mountain biking's equivalent of Scientologists..." - Captain Dondo

mtbr member
    I haven't checked lately, but there were plentiful Syncros posts (NOS) on eBay recently. Problem was that they were the 'late model' ones, which were much heavier and cruder than the original ones.

VRC Hound
    Decals intact will be the tough part. Especially with the older models, the ink on the decals came off if you looked at them funny.

Which design are you looking for? There were at least two early designs.

He be a moose too.
    He's right, most of them posted NOS are recent ones. Make sure to check the logos and labels that they are the older style.

I don't know if the newer ones are any good but I'm not going to bother with them. I would like an older Syncros post but if it's a choice of a newer Syncros or a Thomson, I'll go with the Thomson.

'Guin

mtbr member
    Original made in Vancouver Syncros posts logos were painted on. I have one on my son's bike and deliberately removed the logo to avoid having the post swiped when it's locked to a rack.

'Calm Down'
    I need it for my 1990 Rocky Mountain Blizzard. So I'm looking for one of the ones from the BC days not the GT days. As to which design, basically whatever I can find. Ideally it would be one of the first generation that did not have the machined head that the rail clamps sit on. That generation had a Syncros sticker on the back and not the painted on "decal". But of course, beggars can't be choosy.

Thanks,
    jw

Quote Originally Posted by robinmiller
    I haven't checked lately, but there were plentiful Syncros posts (NOS) on eBay recently. Problem was that they were the 'late model' ones, which were much heavier and cruder than the original ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by bushpig
    Decals intact will be the tough part. Especially with the older models, the ink on the decals came off if you looked at them funny.

Which design are you looking for? There were at least two early designs.
    -

"And single-speeding 29ers are mountain biking's equivalent of Scientologists..." - Captain Dondo

mtbr member

1st generation syncros posts...

Those are few and far between. I have only seen a few come across flea-bay, most in rough shape.
    I was outbid on a nice one at the last minute last winter.

I still and trying to find one for my Blizzard too.... if you are going period correct, use a Ritchey / Kalloy set-back post.

Good Luck.
    Canadian Parts on Canadian Bikes in Canada

artistic...
    syncros are attractive.. and 27.2 is easier than any other size. if i was going for a 27.2 post i would look for shimano xtr. classy and i don't see them much.
    now.. i need a 26.4 post. there's only kalloy uno w/ this size around.
    WTB: Bomber Z2 1 1/8 steerer, in good to excellent shape OR bomber rebuild kit.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I know where there is one, but not sure if I can score it or not...

Sadly I just sold it to a friend stuffed in my old road frame....stickers intact and all!

Ill check with him...

'Calm Down'
    Please check it out. If it's in decent shape, I'd make it worth his/your while.

Thanks,
    jw

Quote Originally Posted by duncanmx
    I know where there is one, but not sure if I can score it or not...

Sadly I just sold it to a friend stuffed in my old road frame....stickers intact and all!

Ill check with him...
    -

over researcher
    Hey looky here. I've got a 27.2 Syncros Pro Titanium that I bought in 1997. One problem though, the frame is designed for a 27.0, and we honed the seat tube a bit to allow the use of the 27.2 post. So, now the bottom of the post has some surface scratches. I'm not selling it; I just wanted to show it off.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0