vuelta and syncros rims help- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

vuelta and syncros rims help

Im building up a new set of wheels for my bike. I want to build them with white rims. Im looking specifically at the vuelta excalibur rims and the syncros AMDP-25 rims. I can seem to find ANY info on the vuelta rims. I steering towards the syncros just because of the reputation. I currently run sun single tracks and would like to build a little bit lighter wheel. the vueltas are just a bit lighter and the syncros are too. does anyone out there have good or bad things to say about either rims? and where to buy either of them in white. the syncos web store has yet to respond to my questions online so im a bit reluctany to buy from them yet.

also if anyone has other suggestions for white rims UNDER 550grams and NARROWER than 30mm I'd love to hear them.

thanks

Big Test Icycles
    I run the Syncros DP-25 (black) I think the only rim that comes in white from Syncros is the 28. The 25 is a real good rim, I have put it through it's paces and like it. I can only compare it to the Mavic XM321 which is a strong rim as well. The DP 25 is lighter but just as strong.

GAME ON!
    i was searching for white whels for my newest bike and i was considering syncros, azonic, funn and halo. i went with mavic crosslinks because i found them rather cheap.

the funn xlrater is 520 g (claimed) and are 28mm. halo freedom disc are 545 g. if you want to go with syncros, why not go with the FL DS23? they are by far the lightest of the syncros white rims at 440 g
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

not so super...
    The Vuelta aren't bad for the price but the set I had a few years back were pretty soft and dented and flat spotted quite easily. The Syncros DS28 I used were very tough.
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I just got some XTR hubs laced up to the FLR DS23 rims from syncros, haven't ridden it yet.

http://syncros.com/rims.htm

440g per rim and 23mm. but thats for XC.

if your more into freeride then yeah, the DS28

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Has anyone gone tubeless with ds28, any probs?

Members who have read this thread: 0