Syncros Seatpost Replacement Hardware?- Mtbr.com
    Down South Yooper

Syncros Seatpost Replacement Hardware?

Ok, so I'm putting the saddle on my Fat, only to have one of the very old brass pivot nuts in my syncros post strip out. I don't think I was over-tight, but regardless, it's stripped.

Are the newer vintage top assemblies the same as the old style? Can I get replacement hardware from Syncros? I know some of you have had great service with post/head separations, but I don't think they're making this size anymore, so a full replacement isn't an option for me. Size 26.4's are exactly in stock anywhere.

Anybody have a post with a functional head they'd like to part with, on a post that's otherwise unusable? Any contacts at syncros?

Thanks guys.

Plum

BTW, I have an email in to Syncros, but you guys are typically ahead of the game when it comes to sourcing replacement parts.
    This post is in 3B, three beers and it looks good eh!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

glad to hear

Glad you emailed syncros. I had the same situation. Some guy there mailed me out for free two new brass pivot heads, two fresh bolts, and one washer. I have a 29.4 old skool syncros post for my indy fab. No questions asked, and I had em in about three days. you should be fine. The new brass pivot heads were reallly tight and diff. to get in, but I got em in by hand. You will be ok.

later.

mtbr member
    There's a Syncros Ti hardware set on ebay now.
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

Members who have read this thread: 0