Syncros Mental Pedals - Magnesium- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Syncros Mental Pedals - Magnesium

I'm looking to shave some weight off my downhill sled, and I'm looking for strong, yet light, pedals. I'm considering the magnesium version of the Syncros Mentals, but I'm worried that they aren't tough enough. Do you think I can get by with them?

Outcast
    I have both the magnesium and the stainless versions of this pedal. The magnesium body is just as vulnerable to gouging from rocks as any other aluminum or magnesium pedal, but the spindle and bearings are still as tough as the steel versions. So any magnesium pedal is going to get beat up appearance wise, but this pedal will still hold up just fine. Plus, it's easy to strip off the white paint, if that color isn't your thing.

Aug 2006
    These pedals are fantasic. Can't say enough about them. I've scraped and banged a ton of rocks and there is little proof to show for it other than a few paint chips.
    Trust me, you won't be dissapointed

mtbr member
    Wellgo MG-1 about 50g lighter than Syncros and not as much is always a good route.

Aug 2007
    I have had them all season like said the rocks give them a beating but thats with any MAG pedals.. They are great pedals super grippy, you got to play with the pins to get them right I think anyway.. If you can find them for cheaper I would go with them, meaning I wouldnt pay retail which is like $175, I found them on ebay for $100 diffently worth it for sure..

mtbr member
    great pedals!

Members who have read this thread: 0