Syncros FR hub- Mtbr.com

Thread: Syncros FR hub

Nov 2005

Syncros FR hub

Has anyone else had problems with this hub? I blew apart my freehub today on a ride. It left me 15 miles from my car at the bottom of the climb. This hub is only 4 or 5 months old and has maybe 15-20 rides on it. Due to it's design, I was able to remove the freehub assembly on the trail to inspect what happened. The internal wire/spring broke and all of the paws were snapped at the tip. I'm only 145lbs and this is supposed to be a FR/DH hub. WTF?
    I have heard some nightmare stories about Syncros' warranty and customer support.

I've been to Syncros' website but there is only a sales phone number. Nothing for parts/customer support.
    Anyone have a contact that may be able to help me out?
    I have a comp. June 16th and need these parts ASAP.

Disco-Superfly
    it seems like im hearing way too many bad stories about syncros in general... maybe its just me
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    contact Chad @ Red Barn, he deals Syncros and might be able to help you with that...

Nov 2005
    Here's the deal. I bought a Syncros FR/DH hub about 4 months ago. While at Wilson's this weekend I blew it up. I just called Syncros to see what all I would have to go through to claim this under warranty. I was fearing having to get an RA number, un-lace the wheel, ship it to Cali., wait for them to look at it and hopfully rebuild it or give me another, get it back, and then re-lace it.
    NOPE!
    I talked to Jessy at Syncros and he said, "No problem at all Steve. I'll ship you out a whole new freehub assembly today. You should have it by Thursday or Friday." Hells yeah!
    I had heard nightmare stories about their recent lack of customer service. I guess I got a great customer service rep.

Nov 2005
    So, I got my parts Friday just as Jessie said I would. Once again, awesome customer service! There must have been something wrong with the original spring since new because now my hub sounds like a Hadley.
    It's a WHOLE lot louder!
    I was thinking they were only going to send me the empty freehub, a new spring and new paws. Hell, they sent me the whole assembly. Hub, paws, spring, AND both freehub bearings (The freehub has it's own sealed bearings), new snapring, the internal spacer and even a new dust seal.
    Awesome customer service Syncros!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0