Syncros DS28 VS. DT E540- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Syncros DS28 VS. DT E540

Hi! I've searched all mtbr forums for reviews on both the DS28 and E540 rims. They practically have the same weight (545 grams and 540 respectively), and are around the same pricepoint (at least here in my country). They are both have sleeved joints and, as per the advise of several bikeshops, are perfect for my all mountain setup. If I were to count the times these rim models are mentioned in the forums here, the DS28 would have the edge. However, a dtswiss is still a dtswiss although some may consider the E540 a budget rim. Please help me decide. Once and for all, which is better?! Advantages and disadvantages please. Thanks for all your help.

I like Monkeys
    I have a set of X540 wheels that came with my Yeti 575. Dt-Swiss hubs with E540 rims. They've been bombproof and true for a year of pretty rough trail riding. I'm not a hucker or jumper but I do a lot of rocky trails here on the east coast. They seem to be a pretty durable wheel. Personally I'd go with DT-Swiss over Syncros just because of DT's reputation for wheel products.
    What do I want to be when I grow up.....Dead!

Members who have read this thread: 0