Syncros DPS 32 rims?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Lez go.
    Reputation: Mega T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    217

    Syncros DPS 32 rims?

    After a couple of big casings last season I banged up my Mavic 325 disc pretty good, and I was thinking about picking up a set of the DPS 32's. I thought the 325's held up about as good as I could expect. Any thoughts on the Syncros?
    Team C2G
    Jah is my copilot.

  2. #2
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega T
    After a couple of big casings last season I banged up my Mavic 325 disc pretty good, and I was thinking about picking up a set of the DPS 32's. I thought the 325's held up about as good as I could expect. Any thoughts on the Syncros?
    325's are entry level rims....ever thought about keeping the hubs and stringing up a new set of hoops....like the 729's or 721's or even tubeless 823's
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  3. #3
    Lez go.
    Reputation: Mega T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    217
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    325's are entry level rims....ever thought about keeping the hubs and stringing up a new set of hoops....like the 729's or 721's or even tubeless 823's
    That would probably be the best bet since the hubs are fine. Really, the main reason I was thinking about the Syncros - IF they were durable - was because they come in white. If the 325's held up as good as they did after what I put them through last season, I know the 7- or 8- series would be sweet.
    Team C2G
    Jah is my copilot.

  4. #4
    Unit 91
    Reputation: TheProphet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,408
    You can get the DPS 32 rims in black on eBay for pretty cheap brand new. A little while back I order a white DPS 36 off eBay and it looks real sturdy. I sold it to my friend and it turned out to be a strong wheel. No long term review though. For the price, they arent bad. I think a set of Mavic 729 rims laced to your old hubs wouldnt be a back choice either.
    Bikes

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    34
    ive run a set of the dps 32 for over a year now without any issue. i finally put a bit of a flat spot in the rear after haning up on a double with a wood log edge. there definately a solid wheel.

  6. #6
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega T
    That would probably be the best bet since the hubs are fine. Really, the main reason I was thinking about the Syncros - IF they were durable - was because they come in white. If the 325's held up as good as they did after what I put them through last season, I know the 7- or 8- series would be sweet.
    http://sporting-goods.search.ebay.co...tsearchZSearch
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  7. #7
    Lez go.
    Reputation: Mega T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    217
    Quote Originally Posted by nuclear 674
    ive run a set of the dps 32 for over a year now without any issue. i finally put a bit of a flat spot in the rear after haning up on a double with a wood log edge. there definately a solid wheel.
    That's how I put the flat spot on my 325.

    For looks, I want to go with the Syncros in white. For known durability, I want to go with a 7- or 8- Mavic.

    I know I should opt for substance over style. I've already passed up way too many good deals on an '06 888 RC2X because I wanted it in white. Now that I'm getting the black (for a black Scream), I've been stuck on this white wheel thing.
    Team C2G
    Jah is my copilot.

  8. #8
    -> SickLines.com <-
    Reputation: mtb_biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,196

  9. #9
    Lez go.
    Reputation: Mega T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    217
    Well, there's my answer.
    Team C2G
    Jah is my copilot.

  10. #10
    Unit 91
    Reputation: TheProphet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,408
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb_biker
    Sick! Custom or product?
    Bikes

  11. #11
    Unit 91
    Reputation: TheProphet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,408
    Bikes

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    104
    Buy some mavic rims. 729, 721 or 823. I have the syncros dps36 rims and they aren't as good as mavic (not even close). The front wheel I now have is a dps36 that I have had for about 1 years. The rear rim was just changed for a new one (both the new and the one before are dps36's). My front rim only has a few flatspots (thats a few more than what I would have had with mavic), but my old rear wheel rim was so full of flatspots and buckles that I had to change it. Well, I tought that it was just bad luck, so I went and bought a new dps36 (the one I'm running now). A month of riding and allready a few flatspots. I'm never ever going to buy any other rims than mavic ever again.

    Atleast here in Finland, mavic rims are a bit cheaper than syncros. Heavier, less durable and more expensive? I don't get it.

    Gotta change back to 721's or maybe 823's for next summer.
    >> Death Race Pilots <> WSA Freeriders <<

  13. #13
    mtbr remember
    Reputation: BikeSATORI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,356
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb_biker
    what hubs are those?
    Schralp it Heavy.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.