Syncros DPS 32 rims?- Mtbr.com
    Lez go.

Syncros DPS 32 rims?

After a couple of big casings last season I banged up my Mavic 325 disc pretty good, and I was thinking about picking up a set of the DPS 32's. I thought the 325's held up about as good as I could expect. Any thoughts on the Syncros?
    Team C2G
    Jah is my copilot.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega T
    After a couple of big casings last season I banged up my Mavic 325 disc pretty good, and I was thinking about picking up a set of the DPS 32's. I thought the 325's held up about as good as I could expect. Any thoughts on the Syncros?
    325's are entry level rims....ever thought about keeping the hubs and stringing up a new set of hoops....like the 729's or 721's or even tubeless 823's
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Lez go.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    325's are entry level rims....ever thought about keeping the hubs and stringing up a new set of hoops....like the 729's or 721's or even tubeless 823's
    That would probably be the best bet since the hubs are fine. Really, the main reason I was thinking about the Syncros - IF they were durable - was because they come in white. If the 325's held up as good as they did after what I put them through last season, I know the 7- or 8- series would be sweet.
    Team C2G
    Jah is my copilot.

Unit 91
    You can get the DPS 32 rims in black on eBay for pretty cheap brand new. A little while back I order a white DPS 36 off eBay and it looks real sturdy. I sold it to my friend and it turned out to be a strong wheel. No long term review though. For the price, they arent bad. I think a set of Mavic 729 rims laced to your old hubs wouldnt be a back choice either.
    Bikes

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    ive run a set of the dps 32 for over a year now without any issue. i finally put a bit of a flat spot in the rear after haning up on a double with a wood log edge. there definately a solid wheel.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega T
    That would probably be the best bet since the hubs are fine. Really, the main reason I was thinking about the Syncros - IF they were durable - was because they come in white. If the 325's held up as good as they did after what I put them through last season, I know the 7- or 8- series would be sweet.
    http://sporting-goods.search.ebay.co...tsearchZSearch
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Lez go.
    Quote Originally Posted by nuclear 674
    ive run a set of the dps 32 for over a year now without any issue. i finally put a bit of a flat spot in the rear after haning up on a double with a wood log edge. there definately a solid wheel.
    That's how I put the flat spot on my 325.

For looks, I want to go with the Syncros in white. For known durability, I want to go with a 7- or 8- Mavic.

I know I should opt for substance over style. I've already passed up way too many good deals on an '06 888 RC2X because I wanted it in white. Now that I'm getting the black (for a black Scream), I've been stuck on this white wheel thing.
    Team C2G
    Jah is my copilot.

-> SickLines.com <-

Lez go.
    Well, there's my answer.
    Team C2G
    Jah is my copilot.

Unit 91
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb_biker
    Sick! Custom or product?
    Bikes

Unit 91
    Bikes

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Buy some mavic rims. 729, 721 or 823. I have the syncros dps36 rims and they aren't as good as mavic (not even close). The front wheel I now have is a dps36 that I have had for about 1 years. The rear rim was just changed for a new one (both the new and the one before are dps36's). My front rim only has a few flatspots (thats a few more than what I would have had with mavic), but my old rear wheel rim was so full of flatspots and buckles that I had to change it. Well, I tought that it was just bad luck, so I went and bought a new dps36 (the one I'm running now). A month of riding and allready a few flatspots. I'm never ever going to buy any other rims than mavic ever again.

Atleast here in Finland, mavic rims are a bit cheaper than syncros. Heavier, less durable and more expensive? I don't get it.

Gotta change back to 721's or maybe 823's for next summer.
    >> Death Race Pilots <> WSA Freeriders <<

mtbr remember
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb_biker
    what hubs are those?
    Schralp it Heavy.

Members who have read this thread: 0