Syncros chainguide.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Syncros chainguide.

Anybody tests it or alloy one, what opinions?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Brackish
    Well, since you asked for opinions...mine is that it looks like a ridiculously overpriced E13 SRS.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Well, since you asked for opinions...mine is that it looks like a ridiculously overpriced E13 SRS.
    Actually most guides looks like E13, excepting MRP. But their newest G2 looks like E13 LG1 too.

Syncros differs widest ajusting diapason (32-46t) in combination with light weight (225g claimed). E13, MRP and Gamut prefer sall more, offering separate model for every chainblade size.

mtbr member
    I have Syncros chainguide for a several months now, and altough the initial setup has been tricky, when I've nailed it right it's bomb proof since then. One of the best features (besides its abnormal amount of different settings) is that flexy lower 'arm' with chain tensioner pulley on it... if you accidentally bash it somewhere, you wont brake it or damage it. Also, its almost totally imune to mud and anything else your wheels can throw on it.

I've had E13 DRS before Syncros, but that piece of crap fell apart to soon.

My original plan was to buy Syncros until my E13 LG1 arrives, but I've cancelled that order when I've tryed this thing.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some pieces are missing.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Thank you for review, Gremlin.
    It's a pity they don't do nobashguard variant, like LG1.
    With necessery bashguard using abnormal amount different settings loose sense a little.
    Exactlier to realize this settings more difficult, unpossible to have so many sizes of bashrings.

By the way didn't you weigh it? I suspect new carbon chaiguide is not liter, than old one.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I was thinking of getting one of these, but then I figured that if I got a E-13 LG1 w/the new taco bash it will be the same at the carbon with a full bash.
    Go BIG or Go HOME

PULL
    Looks like the lower roller hanger can deflect blows instead of twisting and breaking off.

moaaar shimz
    The lower roller thingy looks too filmsy

Jun 2006
    I like the design. It seems like it should work well enough Can you post a pic of how the pulley arm attaches to the backing plate?

Do they make a normal one without carbon?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Karupshun
    I like the design. It seems like it should work well enough Can you post a pic of how the pulley arm attaches to the backing plate?

Do they make a normal one without carbon?
    Yes, they make full metall one, it's 265g.

Pulley arm attaches by 2 bolts to the right from 3 bolts ISCG mount.
    Last edited by AnotherOne; 11-07-2007 at 10:17 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gremlyn
    I have Syncros chainguide for a several months now, and altough the initial setup has been tricky, when I've nailed it right it's bomb proof since then. One of the best features (besides its abnormal amount of different settings) is that flexy lower 'arm' with chain tensioner pulley on it... if you accidentally bash it somewhere, you wont brake it or damage it. Also, its almost totally imune to mud and anything else your wheels can throw on it.

I've had E13 DRS before Syncros, but that piece of crap fell apart to soon.
    I have never heard of a drs falling apart?? was it replaced under warranty??

Quote Originally Posted by CountryBoy
    I was thinking of getting one of these, but then I figured that if I got a E-13 LG1 w/the new taco bash it will be the same at the carbon with a full bash.
    thats what i was thinkin so what the point? if your not saving weight and more importantly u cant even see the pretty carbon. It looks like the carbon plate can easily be overtightened(unless it has metal inserts for the tab mounts), that pulley bracket looks like it would bend pretty easy.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_C
    (unless it has metal inserts for the tab mounts), that pulley bracket looks like it would bend pretty easy.
    Sure metal inserts. You want carbon mounts plate?
    Pulley bracket made of spring steel, bend easy, but it's ok.

mtbr member
    Yeah, pulley arm bends easily, but it springs right back after the impact. One more + is that the chain is perfectly silent while riding on rough terrains (because pulley arm is compensating most of the vibrations).

@ Mikey_C; It seems that the plastic on DRS (pulley cage) is really poor quality. It has just cracked on several places. I'll send some photos soon... (Edit: I still didn't send DRS to the E13, thanks for reminding me!)

Here are some detailed photos of Syncros alloy chainguide I've taken yesterday, I hope it helps answering a few questions.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Everything is good and comfortable. Only too many bolts and nuts.

Gremlin, is BB type mount with ISCG adaptor only?

mtbr member
    There is quite a number of bolts and nuts but they are on there with a good reason - chaindevice is adjustable enough to fit almost every frame/crank combo od the market.

Device it self is BB mount/ISCG mount depending on configuration. In stock version it comes with BB mount adaptor on, but if you unscrew (inner) 3 bolts (on backplate) then you can remove that adaptor and have a native ISCG mount chaindevice. Also, one of the best features (if you ask me) is independent adjusting of lower pulley and upper box brackets... you can get an optimizied angle of them on any given frame.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Gremlin, i don't understand yet. If the frame dosn't have ISCG tab, one way only to use ISCG adaptor or there are BB mount version strightly under BB cup? Excuse my english, please.

Bike Ninja |||
    actually looks like a decent design. i'm digging the flexible roller idea. might have to look into one when my e13 finally dies.
    Proud to represent Mojo Wheels.

mtbr member
    i do the the metal plate version. atleast u can torque down the plate.

looking into it a bit further is seem that the lower pulley guide is a smart design strong laterally across bb but can flex closer to/away from the roller. something i actually wish the e-13 plate would have. I gott pull a crank arm off every time i smack my guide into my frame.

would like to hear some long term reviews on this one...

mtbr member
    @AnotherOne: You can choose if you want to mount Syncros chainguide onto a frame with or without ISCG mounts. Originaly it comes with BB mount adaptor attached on it (you can see that black alu ISCG>BB adaptor on the inner side of backplate) so you can BB mount it, but if your frame has ISCG mounts you only have to remove adaptor and its ISCG ready.

@Mikey-C: I'm using it for 4 months now so it's not really a long term review, but I'm satisfied. It has never dropped a chain, I didn't have chainsuks, it's easy to clean and it's silent.

Edit: Today I've finally snow tested it and for now I don't have any complaints.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Thank you, Gremlyn. Clear now.

Members who have read this thread: 0