Searching for cleats for OLD Ritchey Pedals- Mtbr.com
    VEGAN ATHLETE Racing

Searching for cleats for OLD Ritchey Pedals

Looking for cleats for these pedals:

Anybody know where I can get me some?

Thank ye!
    Take a look at and consider "liking" our VAR Facebook and VAR Instagram pages.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Go to any bike shop. Standard Shimano SPD cleats work.

VEGAN ATHLETE Racing
    Not exactly. I've tried that before, I've also tried the Richey cleats on shimano pedals. No bien trabajo. (I don't speak spanish)

I know Wellgo made some Ritchey knock offs and those cleats work perfectly.

I called Ritchey and they don't make those cleats anymore.
    Take a look at and consider "liking" our VAR Facebook and VAR Instagram pages.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I had 2 sets of Ritchey-labeled pedals like those, and they were both made by Wellgo. It's hard to call them knock-offs, considering Wellgo makes all the Ritchey pedals. Tom Ritchey was one of the pioneers and is still a master of sourcing good, cheap MTB parts from Asian suppliers.

I traded bikes a few times with my buddy who had SPD's and neither of us had issues. As I recall, it felt a bit different but worked. Of course, that was 10 years ago, before I discovered Speedplays and Bebops, so my memory may be faded.

Here are some choices. You can pay $10 for cleats or $20 for similar new pedals:
    http://www.pricepoint.com/thumb/43-B...edals-True.htm

If you have the ti axles, you can swap them into the equivalent Wellgo-labeled pedal. Been there, done that.

Former Bike Wrench
    I believe those old Ritchey's originally used the Wellgo 97A cleat which was non-floating. Should be able to use the 98A cleat which has 4 degrees of float.

I can't believe I spent $140 for a pair of the Ritchey pedals (my first clipless pedal) in 1995! Those pedals were such POS, mud clogging, hard to clip in, released at the most inopportune time, worn bushings in a year, crappy pedals I've ever owned. No wonder they are going for only $19.95 these days!

Members who have read this thread: 0