Ritchey Handle Bar/Stem- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Ritchey Handle Bar/Stem

The LBS is trying to talk me into using Ritchey Carbon Bar and a Ritchey Stem on the Flux.

Just wonder if any of you all had any experience with Ritchey products? If so what did you think of them?

If there is already a thread on this please direct me to it if you don't mind. The reviews in the product review section were pretty dated for the most part.

Thanks for any advice that can be given.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Ritchey stems and bars are solid. Their new WCS 4-axis stem is super light - 115g. Their Lo Rise carbon bars are 20 grams heavier than an Easton Lo Rise but the combined stem + bar weight would be less than a Thomson X4/Easton Combo.

Just make sure the rise + sweep of the bar fits you.

Quote Originally Posted by Single Track MTBer
    The LBS is trying to talk me into using Ritchey Carbon Bar and a Ritchey Stem on the Flux.

Just wonder if any of you all had any experience with Ritchey products? If so what did you think of them?

If there is already a thread on this please direct me to it if you don't mind. The reviews in the product review section were pretty dated for the most part.

Thanks for any advice that can be given.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    havent played with ritchey in a few years but historically the wcs stuff is rock solid for the super light crowd. id say go for it if the price is decent.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr platinum member
    Maybe a solid reputation, but my WCS stem flexes like a mofo compared to my Thompson. I turn or make subtle changes in my line and it's like, "one-one-thousand, two-one-thousand....," before it changes line. It's downright annoying climbing out of the saddle on my singlespeed.
    I stopped driving my bike into my garage - I'm now protected with Roof Rack Ranger app for my iPhone.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    If the weight is important a Syntace 99 is as light as they come and they are pretty stiff too. Just depends on the price of the WCS. Also what length you are going to get. On a short WCS the flex will be less noticeable. Jonathan

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Stem length would be 100 mm.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    You will probably be okay with the WCS at 100mm. However if it is anywhere near the price of a Syntace and easton CNT bar combo. Go for the latter. Also Syntace only comes in 105mm but will be about 15-30g lighter with the ti kit..........or not. Also the Syntace will be stiffer. Jonathan

Members who have read this thread: 0