Ritchey components- Mtbr.com
    Bird watcher

Ritchey components

Any on have a source for the original force comp stems or the original ritchey seatposts?
    I need a 150 setm with hanger and a 26.8 seatpost. I believe both were nitto made. Thanks

mtbr member
    You can pick up a stem from http://www.firstflightbikes.com Finding an original Ritchey FD seatpost is going to be difficult. There's a bunch of Ritchey collectors out there looking for those
    "I think it is heavy and often stupid and doesn't work as well as Shimano, but I keep using it. -- NG

Bird watcher
    sorry I need a 1" 150 with the built in hanger. I have a old wtb cable hanger but the steerer is to short to use it.

Bird watcher
    Oh thanks for the info too. Chris

mtbr member
    you need a stem like this? see: http://www.firstflightbikes.com/frames/VintPart.htm, LSTEM93
    "I think it is heavy and often stupid and doesn't work as well as Shimano, but I keep using it. -- NG

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ckevlar
    sorry I need a 1" 150 with the built in hanger. I have a old wtb cable hanger but the steerer is to short to use it.

Chris, I'll trade you two Ritchey cable hangers for your WTB hanger. I could use it. Heck, I might even have the Ritchey stem you need. I'll check.

mtbr member
    Any on have a source for the original force comp stems or the original ritchey seatposts?
    I need a 150 setm with hanger and a 26.8 seatpost. I believe both were nitto made. Thanks
    Chris, I likely have the stem that you're after. I'll trade it for your "too large" P-20.

I like those Ritchey posts quite a bit. They're a great looking post, and seem to work just fine.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

mtbr member
    Funny how a Ritchey thread brings out all the Ritchey sharks

mtbr member
    Oh thanks for the info too. Chris
    Ive got the stem youre looking for. If interested, send me another PM. I cleaned out my inbox.

Thumbs Up!
    Quote Originally Posted by kb11
    You can pick up a stem from http://www.firstflightbikes.com Finding an original Ritchey FD seatpost is going to be difficult. There's a bunch of Ritchey collectors out there looking for those

I was wondering if the seatpost that came on my 87 Ritchey TimberWolf was original or not. It has the "TR" on the top and was made by Kalloy?????
    "Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth"
    Mike Tyson

VRC Hound
    You can find the specs on the FFB site. I am pretty sure that the TR post is newer.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by J Ro
    I was wondering if the seatpost that came on my 87 Ritchey TimberWolf was original or not. It has the "TR" on the top and was made by Kalloy?????
    I don't believe that Ritchey was making posts in '87. It likely would have come with a SunTour post.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

Thumbs Up!
    Quote Originally Posted by laffeaux
    I don't believe that Ritchey was making posts in '87. It likely would have come with a SunTour post.
    That makes sense, The prior owner did put some newer parts on it, including "Logic" decals, and they were obvoiusly not avail in 1987.
    "Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth"
    Mike Tyson

Members who have read this thread: 0