Ritchey 2x9- Mtbr.com

Thread: Ritchey 2x9

Bird watcher

Ritchey 2x9

Any one running a set?

mtbr member
    I have a buddy who duplicated a 2 x 9 setup on his new Yeti AS-R, but I don't think that's what you were asking

information leafblower
    Oct 2004

once upon a time...

i used to a few years back, why?

up until recently there was a fair smattering of parts that used to appear on the icyclesUSA ebay store, chainrings and shifters predominantly...

I believe there were two versions a wcs one (with an upgraded ti ring I think?) and the stock one with steel (which I had).

The Ritchey setup worked by adding an extra large cog to an 8 speed cluster and using an extended lockring to accomodate the extra ring, so as i understand it the shifter spacing is unique - or at least different to proper 9 speed.
    i've got one inch, who needs more?

(wanted small or medium 93 or earlier race lite, must have bonded TT cable guides)

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Its because when Ritchey offered them shimano was still doing 8 speed on XTR and below. Ritchey's 9th cog was a 33T size, and when matched to a 29/44 chainring setup with a sachs gripshifter made for ritchey, you got something like 17 unique gears without overlap as opposed to on a 3x8 bike where you'd have only 14 or 15 unique gears and the other 9 or 10 are overlap gears with some other combination.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

Members who have read this thread: 0