nyc pedals vs syncros pedals- Mtbr.com
    kona-tize me captain

nyc pedals vs syncros pedals

i have narrowed my choices down to these two companies for pedals. the nyc racelites or the sycnros mental stainless pedals. i like the nyc becuase there 3 piece design. but syncros has a lifetime warranty on the steel or chromoly pedals so if i rip a pin out they willgive me new ones(i sent them an email asking about warranty). it seems like the syncros will shed mud easier also and being steel take a bigger beating. they might not be as pretty but im not to worried about that. what do all you guys think? i really like syncros cuzz the lifetime warranty on the steel pedals
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by austinb89; 11-22-2005 at 10:12 PM.
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

Can't get right...
    Quote Originally Posted by austinb89
    i have narrowed my choices down to these two companies for pedals. the nyc racelites or the sycnros mental stainless pedals. i like the nyc becuase there 3 piece design. but syncros has a lifetime warranty on the steel or chromoly pedals so if i rip a pin out they willgive me new ones(i sent them an email asking about warranty). it seems like the syncros will shed mud easier also and being steel take a bigger beating. they might not be as pretty but im not to worried about that. what do all you guys think? i really like syncros cuzz the lifetime warranty on the steel pedals

I've been running my Glory Holes for 2 seasons now.Not quite the racelites but close.Same bearings & axle but more meat. No lost pins. no bad bearings. straight axels. 2 one week trips to whistler, about 60 odd trips to Plattekill & Mtn Creek. Not to mention street riding and Dj's(i throw em on my hardtail when not DH'ing) No problems at all. PLUS I RUN A 24 REAR so i smash the hell out of my pedals. Cant wait to get the racelites. Gold pedals,,,mmmmmmm matchs my BB lovley....
    I watch the O.C. cause it makes me happy...

If misery was money i'd be the richest man on the planet.

May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by .downhillfaster.
    I rock the Mentals on my DH bike, they are indestructible. As far as the pins, they come with a bag full of extras, and they go on with a 6mm socket instead of an allen wrench. They cost $140 but for the lifetime warranty it's totally worth it in my opinion. I ride in Phoenix weekly, on some of the toughest rock gardens in the US, and clip a pedal at least once per run. I haven't had to replace or even tighten a pin YET, after 4 months of use.

DHF'r
    but, you only have them because you couldn't get a pair of racelites......

mtbr member
    I have Race Lights and run them for 4x or on especially rocky or muddy courses. If you have ever spoken to Mr NYC Freeride (Andy), you know that he stands by his product 100%. I understand these pedals are bomb-proof. I love them.

-sunny

BJ-

Jan 2004
    Syncros Mental Pedals are the goods mate...

mtbr member

Race Lights !!!!!

Ok seriously these pedals rock !!!!!

Not just for urban or DJ either ! ( even though my GOLD pedals still look brand spanking new with very few scratches ..... on a URBAN/ STREET bike ! )

I have a set on the low-8 proto and they were the grippiest pedals I have ever run a DH.

The attention to detail on all the parts is insane ! I bet you didn't notice that the little stainless insert that the traction pin threads into is CUSTOM MADE for the NYC pedals
    both the Glory Hole and the Race Light's , better yet unthread that little 1.5mm traction pin and there is a stainless 1mm ball-bearing as a riser !
    WHO DOES THIS KIND OF STUFF ANYMORE ???????

Plus the anodize is 100% real mill spec and doest fade , be warned the gold will make you gold king headset look yellow !

The Spindles are super strong also 4140 cnc machined heat treat and austempered.

Like my Grand-Pa always used to say
    " Buy the best you will never be disappointed "
    If you get Race-Lights you will not be disappointed !

I have them on all my bikes .....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Follow me on Instagram for up to date build pics -Brad4130
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by .downhillfaster.
    Let's not start that debate again JJ...

And anyways, I would have just messed them pretty pedals up on the first run down SoMo, so it all worked out for the best. I'll leave the foofy parts for you urban riders....
    although the racelights look good, they are not for urban (although they fucntion weel there too) they are RACE (as in dh) lites...... they're race pedals.

and thanks, i like foofy parts.

I like air!
    heres the deal, I have NYC Gold Race Lites and they are great pedals and look even better (when new). But after a few trips to diablo they are scratched to hell and look like crap just like any other anodized pedals. They are supper grippy and with my 5-10 shoes they are too grippy. I have to pick up another set of Vans to lessen the grip. thats after removing the riser bearings under the pins. They are both 2 of the best looking choices I have ever seen.

Jul 2005
    Didntlenowsky snap his nyc pedal off in nwd 6? on the huge wall ride

Members who have read this thread: 0