How do I adjust the rotating resistance of my syncros mental cromos?- Mtbr.com
    keystone addict

How do I adjust the rotating resistance of my syncros mental cromos?

I just bought a pair of syncros mental chromolies, and have one that spins too easily and one that spins hardly at all. I know there is a way to adjust this with grease or something? But how do you do this? Do I need some special grease gun or something?
    I kinda wish my brakes actually worked, but I guess that just makes me faster, right?

ride your bike
    Like SMT says: Add some air and fiddle with the knobs. But if that doesn't work, change the oil and replace the seals....unless you're running tubeless. In which case I'd repack the bearings, but only if you like ranchero chicken soft tacos.
    Taking it easy for all you sinners.

keystone addict
    Quote Originally Posted by jubilee
    Like SMT says: Add some air and fiddle with the knobs. But if that doesn't work, change the oil and replace the seals....unless you're running tubeless. In which case I'd repack the bearings, but only if you like ranchero chicken soft tacos.

I already tried all those things

come on, anybody?
    I kinda wish my brakes actually worked, but I guess that just makes me faster, right?

kona-tize me captain
    un bolt the two center pins on each side of the pedal that run directly over th axel of the pedal(the middle of the platform) thats where u can acces the grease ports, fill those up with a good amount of grease and they will spin slower. u can do it for each side but make sure u onyl do one side at a tim eotherwise the grease will be pushed out through the opposite holes
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

keystone addict
    what do i use to get the grease in there; Do i need a syringe or something? Can I take grease out somehow? And do i use a socket on the pins?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Just ride them in, it'll all work it self out.

dressed to play

Easy

Dude, just take the end cap off, then take the pedal body off.
    Now you can put on, or take off as much grease as you like.
    Sorted

mtbr member
    Take the pins out with a socket like the other guy said and use a grease gun (for bikes) to put more grease in the hole of the pedal that doesn't spin as fast. Careful with your shins if you run the tall pins on those pedals (they even punctured the plastic on my pads right down to the bone)

Members who have read this thread: 0